Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Royal Caribbean No Longer Doing Transfers Only? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/39545-royal-caribbean-no-longer-doing-transfers-only.html)

MCPayne 02-20-2013 08:09 PM

Royal Caribbean No Longer Doing Transfers Only?

Hi everyone.

I'm looking into the possibility of a short Bahamas cruise in July. I realize this is short notice for booking a cruise, but it just came up at work the other day that it's the only time I can take vacation. Anyway, when I go to the booking and enter information, it appears Royal Caribbean is no longer doing the transfers to the pier. Can someone verify this is true? In the past I could book transfers only, and not airfare, which is what I was looking to do.

It's not a huge issue if I leave from Miami, if I can get flights corresponding to the departure, as I can just take a cab, but it's more of an issue for leaving from Port Canaveral, as that is a bit of a drive from Orlando Airport.

Cruise Fanatic 02-21-2013 05:24 AM

You can get the Cruise Transfers only. They are $37.50 one way or $75.00 roundtrip. Latest arrival is 12:00 noon. Earliest departure on return flight is also 12:00 noon.

Dave 02-21-2013 01:40 PM

I think you can even buy them at the airport from the Royal Caribbean desk by the luggage carousels. If I want them I let my agent know and she takes care of it.

It is important about the departure flight time when using the shuttle buses. A bus won't leave the port until full and you can cool your heels for a while just sitting there waiting for people to board. I once left the ship at 7am in Port Canaveral and was thinking I could make a 9am flight that still had space. I was willing to pay the rebooking fee since my booked flight was not until 4pm. Nope. I sat on the bus for an hour until it was full. Got to MCO in time to see my hoped-for flight leaving and I got to sit in the Sky Club for 6 hours.

MCPayne 02-21-2013 02:54 PM

Thanks Dave and Cruise Fanatic. Would this be through the Choice Air site? I'm not seeing anything on Royal Caribbean's site regarding transfers on where to buy them.

Dave 02-21-2013 03:58 PM

You have to call them if you are not using an agent. From their website:

To purchase your Royal Caribbean Guest Transfer or for additional information consult your travel agent or our Reservations Department at 1-800-327-6700

MCPayne 02-23-2013 06:40 AM

Thanks Dave. It turns out it doesn't matter now, as my friend can't go. I did book an Alaskan cruise, so I'll post that in the roll call section, and any questions I have in the appropriate cruise line section.

Spiritfilled 02-26-2013 02:47 PM

OMG Are taxis still available to get you from the pier to the airport? We leave from Ft Lauderdale airport and that is also where the ship is docked, I hope getting a cab won't be an issue.

MCPayne 03-01-2013 06:24 PM

Spiritfilled

Yes, I believe cabs are lined up and waiting, although I haven't been out of Port Everglades recently.

Dave 03-01-2013 06:34 PM

The deputy sheriffs assigned to the port handle taxis. Just follow the signs once you leave the terminal. The deputies will direct you to a cab. It it really odd, since they are acting as dispatchers but then they are keeping things moving.