Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 08:09 PM

Default Royal Caribbean No Longer Doing Transfers Only?
Hi everyone.

I'm looking into the possibility of a short Bahamas cruise in July. I realize this is short notice for booking a cruise, but it just came up at work the other day that it's the only time I can take vacation. Anyway, when I go to the booking and enter information, it appears Royal Caribbean is no longer doing the transfers to the pier. Can someone verify this is true? In the past I could book transfers only, and not airfare, which is what I was looking to do.

It's not a huge issue if I leave from Miami, if I can get flights corresponding to the departure, as I can just take a cab, but it's more of an issue for leaving from Port Canaveral, as that is a bit of a drive from Orlando Airport.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 02-21-2013, 05:24 AM

You can get the Cruise Transfers only. They are $37.50 one way or $75.00 roundtrip. Latest arrival is 12:00 noon. Earliest departure on return flight is also 12:00 noon.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Administrator

I think you can even buy them at the airport from the Royal Caribbean desk by the luggage carousels. If I want them I let my agent know and she takes care of it.

It is important about the departure flight time when using the shuttle buses. A bus won't leave the port until full and you can cool your heels for a while just sitting there waiting for people to board. I once left the ship at 7am in Port Canaveral and was thinking I could make a 9am flight that still had space. I was willing to pay the rebooking fee since my booked flight was not until 4pm. Nope. I sat on the bus for an hour until it was full. Got to MCO in time to see my hoped-for flight leaving and I got to sit in the Sky Club for 6 hours.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:54 PM

Thanks Dave and Cruise Fanatic. Would this be through the Choice Air site? I'm not seeing anything on Royal Caribbean's site regarding transfers on where to buy them.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Administrator

You have to call them if you are not using an agent. From their website:

To purchase your Royal Caribbean Guest Transfer or for additional information consult your travel agent or our Reservations Department at 1-800-327-6700
Old 02-23-2013, 06:40 AM

Thanks Dave. It turns out it doesn't matter now, as my friend can't go. I did book an Alaskan cruise, so I'll post that in the roll call section, and any questions I have in the appropriate cruise line section.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:47 PM
OMG Are taxis still available to get you from the pier to the airport? We leave from Ft Lauderdale airport and that is also where the ship is docked, I hope getting a cab won't be an issue.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-01-2013, 06:24 PM

Spiritfilled

Yes, I believe cabs are lined up and waiting, although I haven't been out of Port Everglades recently.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Administrator

The deputy sheriffs assigned to the port handle taxis. Just follow the signs once you leave the terminal. The deputies will direct you to a cab. It it really odd, since they are acting as dispatchers but then they are keeping things moving.

Tags
air, caribbean, carnival, carribbean, celebrity, choice, enchantment, guest, list, mco, orlando, reviews, royal, seas, shuttle, transfer, transfers