Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   More time needed for embarkation (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/39570-more-time-needed-embarkation.html)

Sonny V 03-10-2013 10:12 PM

More time needed for embarkation

My best friend got off the Allure this morning and said it took him 1-1/2 hours from the time he cleared his seapass card to the time he walked out of the terminal. I'm planning to change my flight home from 11:30am to 3:15pm just to make sure I don't miss my flight. He said they only had 4 agents checking passengers. I'd like to know if anyone else as heard anything about delays and long lines.

LisaP 03-11-2013 06:20 AM

One of my friends who disembarked Oasis of the Seas yesterday (Sunday) had a similar story. She was told to get off the ship at 9:00; that was delayed to 10:30. Customs/immigration took an hour, and then they had to wait an hour and a half for their rental car shuttle (despite numerous calls).

Dave 03-11-2013 08:34 AM

Something is going on with Customs at Port Everglades and it isn't recent. We had slow lines on the Liberty in December - on the Saturday turnaround between cruises. On our sister forum someone had problems on Saturday debarking a HAL cruise and almost missed their flight. Saturdays and Sundays seem to be the common factor.

Cruise Fanatic 03-11-2013 05:27 PM

We were on the Allure 6 weeks ago and it only took us 15 min to get off the ship and out the door to get a taxi, and for embarkation maybe 20 min.
For the rock cruise in Dec we were out in about 20 min also.

Dave 03-11-2013 06:18 PM

I don't want to start a political back and forth, but perhaps the budget sequestration is another factor.

LisaP 03-11-2013 09:29 PM

I agree that is a factor. I also wonder if there are more 3rd/4th berths booked as we are into spring break.

Sonny V 03-11-2013 09:50 PM

I suppose I'll be experiencing the same pathetic government proficiency when I get off the Enchantment next month. It's hard for me to remember just how easy is was to travel before 911. All we need is another bump in the road with less agents to handle the large crowds of passengers.:mad:

Someone said: "Cheer-up...things could be worse"...

RichC 05-14-2013 09:33 AM

I just noticed this thread but in Port Everglades in April (midweek) going through customs it was a snap. I suppose it was because were the only ship in port & if it had been the weekend things would have been much slower.

Dave 05-14-2013 11:14 AM

Yes, it is all about the day of the week. I am not looking forward to debarkation on the Oasis next month. What has always been a breeze in the past because of the support given to that pier in Port Everglades will likely be absent because the officers can't work overtime for the weekend.

RichC 05-14-2013 12:45 PM

Sequestration for sure.