Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 08:06 AM

Prices of balconies and suites on older smaller ships are always higher. The supply and demand theory. Compared to todays mega ships, the ships built in the 90's have little supply so prices and demand are higher. Add in the holiday factor and you've got a high per diem.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Talking Prices
I thought that might be another reason, but couldn't prove it since I've never sailed on anything smaller than a Radience class ship.

Need some cruise help?
Old 04-14-2013, 10:20 AM

Exclamation An update,
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandra cruiser View Post
just got a quote from my TA and they want $10,000 for 11 nite cruise(for 2) and may have to downgrade to balcony since the site I looked at said "starting from 2700 for a suite".ANd never expected up to $5000 ea.
But good about formal nite,and not feeling out of place being older.
Really wanted room service breakfast(not just continental) and am I right,NOT AVAILABLE in non suites.
My time dining sounds great,but can you change time that day if you desire.?
found a Regent cruise going at same time for similar price(and their considered LUXURY),with all the inc.,,,tips,drinks,spec,rest,shore exc.(discount for inc.air and hotel)which I don t need.Same price.So going with them.I was VERY SURPRISED.Oh, its 12 nite too.So pays to check ALL the cruiselines.PS.reg.cabins large, with balcony and DON T have to upgrade(and pay extra)for suite like on Royal.Oddly, no extra charge for xmas sailings either.Hard to believe,but true.

Last edited by alexandra cruiser; 04-14-2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Tags
amenities, caribbean, carribbean, class, dinner, grand, make, oasis, perk, perks, rccl, reservations, reviews, royal, seas, suite, suites, vision