Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 05:29 AM

Question Grand suite (Vision class)reviews?
Have never been on this line,or ship of this size in many yrs.Looking at xmas cruise to s.carribean next yr.This itinerary looks good ,but what are the perks with grand suite(besides bigger).
Anyone been in one lately?WE re sr.citizens ,will we feel out of place?Is it possible to have table for 2?Can DH wear just sport coat and tie on formal nites?or can we eat in specialty rest.and NOT WEAR formal clothes?or room,I guess.
Any hint s would be helpful.Thanks
Old 03-21-2013, 06:01 AM
Talking Vision Class
Welcome to Cruise Chat! I too am a senior citizen, and we never feel out of place. Everyone on the ship is on vacation, and having, usually, a great vacation. One of the nicer perks of a larger (larger than Junior) suites is the concerige lounge which is available for vening drinks and snacks before dinner, and a light breakfast. I have NEVER dressed up for formal nights; many do not, wearing a sport coat or suit and tie is more than ok. Even in the speciality dining areas such as Chops or Portifinos this is ok. Havent't been on this size ship before myself; but if she holds true to Royal Caribbean form, she'll be very nice. Have a great cruise!! You will, I believe, like Royal Caribbean.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:19 AM

If you take "My Time Dining" you should have no problem getting a table for two.
You can also request a table for two with traditional dining. They seem to have more two-top tables though in the My Time Dining.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:16 PM

Question That answers my question,but
just got a quote from my TA and they want $10,000 for 11 nite cruise(for 2) and may have to downgrade to balcony since the site I looked at said "starting from 2700 for a suite".ANd never expected up to $5000 ea.
But good about formal nite,and not feeling out of place being older.
Really wanted room service breakfast(not just continental) and am I right,NOT AVAILABLE in non suites.
My time dining sounds great,but can you change time that day if you desire.?
Old 03-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Administrator

We have been in Owners Suites on two Vision class ships and they were very nice. I peeked in the Grand Suites and the big loss is in the seating area.

Yes, only those in GS or higher get to order from the dining room menu for breakfast.

If you have a reservation for My Time Dining but want to change it, you can do so up until a certain point on the day in question. The phone number will be listed in the Cruise Compass, but if you do go with the suite just ask the concierge to change your dinner time. That is what he is there for. Or you could simply show up when ready to dine without a reservation, but you may have to wait 20 minutes or so at peak times.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandra cruiser View Post
just got a quote from my TA and they want $10,000 for 11 nite cruise(for 2) and may have to downgrade to balcony since the site I looked at said "starting from 2700 for a suite".ANd never expected up to $5000 ea.
But good about formal nite,and not feeling out of place being older.
Really wanted room service breakfast(not just continental) and am I right,NOT AVAILABLE in non suites.
My time dining sounds great,but can you change time that day if you desire.?
If I may ask - what date and ship? If you're talking about Dec 2014 prices will probably change. Sound like a lot of money to me.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:28 AM

Smile
We seniors are a great source of fun and wisdom when dining with younger cruisers than our age. I remembers several great, great cruises when us two couples ( much younger at that time) were seated with 2 men in their late 70' or early 80's (I think doing the bucket list) by the end of the cruise we looked back on the evenings spent at the dining room table and the great stories and humor from these two great gentlemen. Like said earlier in this thread; when people are on vacation, they are looking for a good time and fun. Enjoy the cruise but I agree also, thats a lot of cash for the cruise.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-22-2013, 05:38 AM
Cool Costs
We are doing a 13 night repositioning cruise in a Grand Suite on a Radience class ship. Before the diamond and C&A discounts, it was around $7000, including pre-paid tips and insurance. So, I would agree that the price your TA gave you is pretty high. I just checked the Royal web site, and the month of December, 2014 isn't even opened up yet, so I can't guess where they may have gotten those numbers. POSSIBLY because it's a cruise during Christmas season, and there are less rand suites on a vision class ship? I always try to book as FAR in advance as I can, and that gives me more time to slowly pay for the trip, in smaller chunks; doesn't feel as hurtful spending so much cash ( at least that's what I tell myself)
Old 03-23-2013, 07:22 AM

Wink Price quoted was "holiday cruise price"
for THIS yr.due to next yrs. not published yet.Was for GS,looked earlier dates and much less.Never knew the price range was so great.May try to reconsider timing for next yr.
Did book a 3 day cruise for May 24 in Jr. suite to see if we even LIKE the larger ships.
Have never been on one larger than 700(in MANY yrs.).Better to be out a small amount and try it out,plus good excuse for a nice break.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Talking GS Costs
Wow! I see now where your TA got those prices!! Usually, when RCL posts a suite cost on it's site, I always assumed that it was a Junior Suite listing, since that is the smallest suite. And I also see that even a balcony is almost $3500 each. I'm going to say that it is the holidays, AND it is an 11 day cruise; so I guesss that if your priced a 7 days and a 4 day cruise together, it's about correct. Still a lot of money. Hope you like the shorter cruise you've booked. Don't let the ship's size worry you. I have NEVER felt crowded on a ship (except for waiting in line for an elevator). So many people around make for more fun and a chance to meet new friends!! Have a great time!!

Tags
amenities, caribbean, carribbean, class, dinner, grand, make, oasis, perk, perks, rccl, reservations, reviews, royal, seas, suite, suites, vision