Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Dave, I've been using your method exactly since Princess went to print-your-own tags and never had a problem--and it only takes a few minutes.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:36 AM

Thumbs down My first time on Royal and SORRY
also my first time on mass market line.This seems VERY CHEAP to me.Saw these tags and was discouraged to see what they use for luggage tags,REALLY??
With all the nickel and diming,may go back to so called "luxury lines" next time.(or premium,etc,).Guess you get what you PAY FOR?whew.PS.besides this, was really SHOCKED to hear Princess charges for brewed coffee pak,that sort of did it for me.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Administrator

I don't mind them at all, so long as they do their intended of job of ensuring my luggage ends up in my cabin. I do have a set of pretty luggage tag holders from Holland America Line that are decorated with reproductions of vintage ship posters -- but, of course, I save those for HAL cruises only.

One bit of advice -- I always print a second copy of the luggage tag for each bag and put that copy inside the bag, just in case the outer tag gets separated.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandra cruiser View Post
also my first time on mass market line.This seems VERY CHEAP to me.Saw these tags and was discouraged to see what they use for luggage tags,REALLY??
With all the nickel and diming,may go back to so called "luxury lines" next time.(or premium,etc,).Guess you get what you PAY FOR?whew.PS.besides this, was really SHOCKED to hear Princess charges for brewed coffee pak,that sort of did it for me.
Alexandra, most cruise lines now do electronic luggage tags. I'm probably going to order the tag holders off of Amazon, both for Princess and Royal Caribbean.

On a side note, I just went online and saved as a PDF my luggage tags and boarding pass, even though I'm not cruising until June 30th. Princess allows you to print those within 75 days of sailing. Can you tell I can't wait?
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 05-02-2013, 03:03 PM

For the past year I've been putting on the tags that the porters give me. I just put my name and cabin number on them and I never had a problem. There have been times when I changed cabins after I received my tags and had to it that way. The tag holders look like the way to go as long as they're as strong as the original tags were - it was hard to tear them little buggers off.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Jack2007 thanks for the info on the luggage tag holders. I ordered 5 of them and I think they are going to work out just fine, I like them so far I have to see how the hold up.

Doing the happy dance I leave on Saturday and set sail on Sunday on the Allure I am soooo excited. Whoohoo.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-11-2013, 05:15 AM

I just ordered 10 of them...I will let you all know how they worked out after I get them.

Brad

Old 05-11-2013, 06:39 AM

Hi Brad,

I see you're getting close to your cruise. It seems like none of us happen to be on the same cruise together. One of these days I hope to get to meet some of my fellow posters.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:41 AM
Administrator

I ended up getting some that fit Royal Caribbean tags as well as some of those larger ones Jack mentioned.

A big consideration is to use the advice Lisa gave about having something inside each piece of luggage with your name and cabin number. Another copy of the printed luggage tag, a copy of your set sail pass, etc.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:01 PM

THese are all great ideas. However my travel agent as well the checkin person at Air Canada also advise me to make sure that these luggage tags are already on our suit cases before checking in at the airport. The reason is that if your luggage is not found once you arrive at the airport, then they will send it direct to the ship after they find it instead of sending it back to your orginial destination which is your home. I never knew about this until these two people advuise me about this. The last time we went the check in agent at the airport made sure that the ship luggage tags were on each suitcase before she put it on the belt.

Tags
caribbean, carryon, celebrity, cruise, guests, line, linesbooked, luggage, passanger, princess, royal, suite, tag, tags, work