Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Luggage tags (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/39633-luggage-tags.html)

Spiritfilled 04-14-2013 09:26 PM

Luggage tags

Ok I haven't done my on line check in yet but my cousin has and she showed me her paper work and I saw her luggage tags and they were short, small, is that how they look now? I mean you can't put them on the luggage because it won't go around the handle of the luggage. What's up with that?

Dave 04-15-2013 10:16 AM

Your e-docs (Guest Ticket Booklet) will have a full sized luggage tag that you print out. It is usually one of the last pages in the file showing dotted lines for folds, 'staple here', etc. It may look small on the computer screen but when you print it, it will be large enough.

Here is a hint for using the paper tags: print out the number you will need and cut and fold them into the correct shape. Then get some clear packing tape and laminate the tags on both sides. Punch a hole on each end and get some tie wraps. Pack these in your carry on luggage. When you get to the hotel the night before your cruise, put those tags on your checked luggage and secure with the tie wraps.

Edit: I think your cousin showed you her Set Sail Pass which has an example of a luggage tag on it. You don't use that one. You access your online booking and download your cruise documents to get the full tag. On the "overview" tab of your booking you will see a box at the right titled "cruise documentation" with a "check status" button. It is below the online check in box, which is where you do your Set Sail Pass.

Wheels87 04-16-2013 05:25 AM

Is there a way to have Royal Caribbean actually mail out the traditional tags? I really do prefer those because no matter how well I laminate them, they seem to want to fall off.

I always feel bad seeing dozens of luggage tags on the ground in the terminal, knowing that those folks will not get their bags quickly.

Oh well,

Brad

Dave 04-16-2013 07:08 AM

RCI stopped sending the printed luggage tags last year. Only those in suites (GS or higher) and Pinnacle Club members can still get them

Cruise Fanatic 04-16-2013 07:43 AM

You can request printed documents regardless of stateroom category for a charge of $35.

Dave 04-16-2013 08:23 AM

They changed the policy again? Or is that $35 one that only the agent can do?

Spiritfilled 04-16-2013 10:46 AM

Whoooosh, thanks so much Dave I was wondering if that was correct or not. I will do exactly as you said and go to the doc overview tab and get the right tags. Again thanks so much for the help.

Cruise Fanatic 04-16-2013 11:20 AM

It may be for those that have booked online or through a Travel Agent only. Royal Caribbean is rather vague with information sometimes.

jack2007 04-28-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 298116)
Here is a hint for using the paper tags: print out the number you will need and cut and fold them into the correct shape. Then get some clear packing tape and laminate the tags on both sides. Punch a hole on each end and get some tie wraps. Pack these in your carry on luggage. When you get to the hotel the night before your cruise, put those tags on your checked luggage and secure with the tie wraps.

Good advice...here is another suggestion but you'll have to pay for these.

There is a company that provides a solution to this problem of paper tags coming off your cases.
favoursbyserendipity.com provide luggage tags for printouts. They say..

"Our Cruise Luggage Tag Holders go the distance with no need to reinforce or laminate your luggage tags. The grommet at the top makes them even sturdier and longer lasting.
Includes a 6 1/2" vinyl loop for attaching to the luggage handle.
Just print, fold the tag according to the instructions, put in our holder, attach to your luggage handles and then relax. Perfect for worry-free transportation.:
Cruise Luggage Tag Holder (for printed luggage tags)

Take a look at their site ...it does seem to offer a solution and if you scroll down a touch they have a step by step guide video that takes about 2 minutes to watch.
I see they also ship internationally so if I wanted some I could get them sent to the UK.

Dave 04-28-2013 03:39 PM

I may buy some of those holders. Thanks for posting the link.

Amazon also has this particular product, as well as several other choices including one model that is specifically for Royal Caribbean/Celebrity luggage tags.