Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Default First Quantum Of The Seas "Reveal" Tomorrow
Tuesday morning, Royal Caribbean will reveal the first details about Quantum Of The Seas. The live event in NYC will feature the ship's godmother, Kristin Chenowith. The Cruisereviews staff will post the news here as soon as we hear it!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Quantum Of The Seas will sail from Bayonne. The ship will have: indoor basketball court, skydiving experience at sea, bumper cars, circus school, and the "North Star" which is an enclosed observation car on a crane boom that will take guests high above the ship. Flowrider too.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:07 AM
Administrator

The ship will have single-occupant cabins and some of those will have a balcony. Inside cabins will feature 'virtual balconies' which are a video screen on the wall showing live views of the outside.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Here is my overview of the ship: Quantum Revealed
Old 04-16-2013, 10:18 AM

North Star just doesn't sound very thrilling to me. Other then the sensation of being swung out over the ships edge I just don't see the practicality in it. What sweeping views are you going to see different than standing at the aft of the ship and looking around? It seems like a waste of space and additional weight on the ship.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Administrator

I'm too claustrophobic for it. But I do hope the design includes a way to manually reel the pod back down in case it breaks down with 14 people hanging over the side of the ship.

I'd like to try the skydiving.

Two things the Quantum won't have: no ice rink and no Royal Promenade. Something had to go to accommodate the new stuff.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Administrator

One thing that is obvious from the images of the ship is it's basic design is based on the Solstice-class ships of Celebrity. Same lines, especially aft, funnel layout, long and narrow hull.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Oh Yeah......I like this ship....just the Sky Dive experience, the North Star and the Bumper cars alone remind me that We are due an RCCL cruise in the future....sailing out of Port Liberty is right up Our alley!!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 04-17-2013, 04:55 AM

I like the idea of single person cabins and with balconies as well and I've never had an inside cabin so I can't relate to the view of the outside but I think it would be nice to have that ability and perhaps make things a little easier for the claustaphobics. Personally I like the RCI Promenade's.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-17-2013, 11:32 AM

We have no interest in this new ship. Why do they have to put in all of these features that we will never use and is pointless to us. Its a nice new ship, but please just go with the basis.

Tags
forum, keel, laying, promenade, quantum, royal, sea, seas, weight