Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Default Revitalized Grandeur Of The Seas Arrives In Baltimore
Grandeur Of The Seas has completed a multi-million dollar upgrade and will once again sail from Baltimore. Press Release

Old 05-03-2013, 11:07 AM

Hello Dave,

Esther and I got off the Enchantment last week after B2B 12 night cruises. I have to admit it's one of our best cruises. The staff on the Enchantment from the Captain down are the best! I'll be sailing on the Grandeur on the 24th of this month. My wife and I were talking to another couple about how close we were to Pinnacle and wished there was a cheaper way to get points. My wife suggest that I go with someone else and split the cost of a cruise. The other couples wife said that was a great idea - she then suggest that her husband and I plan a cruise. Well, like I said, I'll be sailing on the Grandeur - but not with Esther. I booked a JS on the fantail of deck 7. It's a 7 night cruise which is worth 14 points each. I booked a quad room because Denny said his son may be interested in going with us. It looks like that isn't going to happy as of now, so I'm racking my brain trying to think of someone that might want to go. I believe it's called a "Gentlemen's Cruise".

After cruising on the Enchantment I'm anxious to see how the Grandeur compares. I heard there are more things added than what was put on the Enchantment, but I'm going to miss the extra 71 foot length that the Enchantment has.

I'm also doing a B2B on Explorer in September - I'll make Pinnacle on the second leg. I'll be doing that cruise with Esther.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Administrator

The Baltimore cruise port is very well managed and hands down he easiest port to access.

I am torn about what to book next. I need to have something in mind so I can book it while aboard Oasis next month.

Grandeur is on my list.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:58 PM

Dave,

I got some "Open End Bookings" while on the Enchantment. The work the same as the "Next Cruise Bookings" except now you can have any one use them. Let's said that I had one with my name on it and you found a good deal and didn't have one to benefit the on board credit you get when you book on board. Well, now I can give you mine and you can put up to three names on it. This can only be done one time. They will be eliminating the friends and family program. There should be information on Royal Caribbean's web site soon.

I see that the Grandeur is sold out for the May 24th sailing. My friend and I never got the third person for our JS. One of my friends would love to go but he has a wedding to go to. It's going to be kind of weird going on a 7 night cruise without Esther.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:03 AM
Administrator

Just another month before our Oasis cruise. I made the show reservations over the weekend. Chops only showed 8:30pm openings online for the day I wanted so I'll see what I can do once aboard with the concierge. That is too late for us to eat.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:42 AM

Here's another change: When on the Enchantment we were able to go to Chops and make reservations for any night and still use our coupons for buy one and get one free. The reservations had to be made on the first day of the cruise and pre-paid. Maybe this was just for the Enchantment - I don't know if it's a company policy. Usually there's not a problem if you go to Chops and reserve a table if you get there early enough.

Tags
12, 2006, 2013, 31st, again, baltimore, cruises, grandeur, july, oj, repaired, reviews, sail, sailing, sea, seas