Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 09:28 PM

I hope they asked permission to resume stops on the 18th to deliver humanitarian aid.

Dwayne
Old 01-14-2010, 07:04 AM

There are pros and cons for bypassing Labadee. I think they could use the port income more than ever. Our thoughts and prayers are with all the people their.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-14-2010, 06:58 PM

Dave posted in another topic that they were going to deliver aid supplies. I am so glad about this.

Dwayne
Old 01-15-2010, 11:23 AM
I just received an email that Hilton will donate 25 dollars in exchange for 10,000 honors points. Another great way to donate effortlessly. I may give up a free night, but maybe someone will have a roof over their head tonight as a result of my travel.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 01-15-2010, 11:33 AM

Poormom, your heart is in the right place but I would be leery of that transaction. If you wish to aid in the effort, I would advise a direct monetary gift with a reputable agency or relief organization. Don't give up your honors points in the hope that Hilton will be generous enough to do the right thing. I have a lot of points built up but I am not exactly willing to believe that Hilton will be magnanimous in their claim. I know that I may seem a bit cynical but, as a rule, I don't trust cash for points transactions if I am not the direct recipient of the funds.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:43 PM

This is a terrible thing to happen to that nation. In the area where I live, it's all over the local papers (Princeton, Trenton area), as well as papers all over the United States, I'm sure. There is a woman from this area that is missing, and the papers are going crazy about that. I don't know the woman, but am hoping they find her safe, although it's probably beginning to look less likely, seeing as how the quake occurred on Tuesday and it's now Friday. If you really care, here is a link to the article from one of the papers in the Trenton, NJ area.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 01-15-2010, 08:01 PM

It has been truly terrible. I'm still praying for people to be found alive. I'll pray for Christine and the other students, her family and friends.

Christine was in Haiti working for the Food For The Poor organization before this incomprehensible catastrophe occurred.

For a direct link to support the Food For The Poor organization look HERE.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
2010, caribbean, coast, cruise, earthquake, florida, haiti, january, testimonials