Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Question Diamond Status
Ok-Now I'm confused. This is the definition of the new "Diamond Lounge" on Brilliance OTS;

Diamond Club
Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor Society members enjoy access to this lounge, created to serve these loyal guests with concierge access, complimentary continental breakfast, and evening drinks

One MUST have concierge access or you cannot enter the Diamond Club Lounge? I was under the impression that IF you were Diamond or above, you could use the Diamond Club Lounge, but the Concierge Club required either a GS or above, or Diamond Plus or above. Have I missed something, OR am I reading the wording wrong-instead, it's saying that Diamond level receive "concierge"-type service in the Diamond Club lounge?
Old 05-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Administrator

There are two concierges. One is the diamond concierge and the other is the suite concierge. Both can do the same things. Thus, as a diamond member you of course have access to the diamond lounge and you can also ask the diamond concierge to get you a reservation at Chops, etc. I agree they could have worded it better.

Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club can use either concierge.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:41 PM
Talking Diamond Status
Thanks Dave (I think). Are you saying that BOTH the Concierge Club and the Diamond Club Lounge are the same thing, except that the Concierge Club is more of a suite level club (a Gold Member in a Grand Suite can use the Concierge Club but NOT the Diamond Club Lounge), but someone Diamond Level NOT in a GS or above, can use the Diamond Club and receive the same level of niceness as the Concierge Club? I booked a GS for my upcoming cruise as a special thing for my 65th birthday year so we could use the Concierge Club. We usually book a JS. IF I had booked a JS again this cruise, would we have had the same benefits in the Diamond Club Lounge as we will have in the Concierge Club? Sorry to sound so wierd, but having just reached this level, I don't fully understand the benefits OTHER than the great reductions in cabin costs as a Diamond Status!
Old 05-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Administrator

The Concierge Lounge and the Diamond Lounge are two separate places.

The Concierge Lounge is for guests in Grand Suite and higher category accommodations, regardless of their Crown and Anchor level, and also for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members no matter what cabin they are in.

The Diamond Lounge is for Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club members no matter what cabin they are in.

Guests in Grand Suites or higher categories who are not Diamond, Diamond Plus, or Pinnacle Club are not allowed to use the Diamond Lounge. They can only use the Concierge Lounge.

Guests in Grand Suites or higher categories who are also Diamond Members can use both lounges, and both concierges.

Royal Caribbean is trying to make the Diamond Lounges as close as possible to the Concierge Lounges as far as amenities but there are some differences that will favor those in Grand Suites or higher. For example, on the Oasis class ships, you can order a hot breakfast and also lunch in the Concierge Lounge but not in the Diamond Lounge.

I don't know if the Brilliance Concierge Lounge offers the menu service.

Generally, the expectation is if you are in a suite that rates the Concierge Lounge you should use it, and that concierge, no matter if you are a diamond member, since this frees up space in the diamond lounge for upper level members who are not in suites. The diamond lounge can get overcrowded very easily and so when we are in a Grand Suite we stick to the Concierge Lounge. It might help if they renamed it the 'Suite Lounge' or something like that in order to cut down on confusion.

Frankly I expect the company to kick diamond plus members out of the concierge lounge once they have retrofitted diamond lounges on all the ships. There are simply too many diamond and diamond plus members to manage.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:57 AM
Thumbs up Status
Niw I get it. Thanks Dave

Tags
2013, caribbean, club, concierge, december, diamond, diamonds, lounge, lounges, members, pinnacle, rccl, royal, ships, status, upgrades