Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Default I'm back ......The Allure of the seas
Ok I am going to try and not write a book.

The embarkation was amazing...I'm only at Gold status but it was still a great experience.
Once I got inside I was at complete Awe Oh my goodness it was beautiful. This ship is HUGE inside.

Ok so here are the things I liked and disliked.

Liked/loved:
The staff
The entertainment
The neighborhoods- My favorite Central Park so peaceful.
The many many shops
The activities
The food in the dining room .....every meal I had was delicious...However Sonny and Dave there was no Escargot, they said they could not supply enough for the voyage so they didn't get any. The had scallops that were prepared the same way as the Escargot and it was fabulous. I had six other family members with me and the richly enjoyed the food they were served. I think we had the best wait staff on the ship the waiters name was Tyare she was so nice and whatever we asked for she made sure we had it...simply amazing. We all took very good care of her on the last night of the cruise.
The Windjammer wasn't a bad experience ...yes it was a bit crowded but manageable, the food was very good.

The entertainment....Mo5aic was great no instruments just their voices, you have to hear it to know what I mean. Blue Planet was great as well, and the adult comedy show was funny as heck.

There is just so much I could say. I stayed on the Boardwalk view aft right above the water show area excellent view from my cabin. Now the cabin ...well it was myself, my sister and my 12 year old niece, it was nice I just think between the end of the bed and the wall was a bit to close.

Ok so the things I didn't like:
LEAVING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure I missed some things if you all have any questions that I could answer I will gladly do so. I had a wonderful time...now I have the cruise blues.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-25-2013, 01:02 PM

I wonder if anyone has had Escargot since RCI announced they were bringing it back. I went on Monarch of the Seas last September-no escargot, Enchantment of the Seas in September-no escargot, Jewel of the Seas in December-no escargot, Liberty of the Seas in January-no escargot, Allure of the Seas in February-no escargot. It's the same lie over and over, the last time the waiter said the warehouse where they get it from had a fire. Just take it off the menu and quite lying about it.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:26 PM
I did have escargot on Explorer of the sea in December....maybe I'm just special. Who knows.
Spiritfilled, I had no doubt that you would love it. True, the cabins are cramped, but who wants to stay in their cabin on that ship?
How was dis-embarkation? did you walk your things off or wait? Were the lines long, and were you ff at the scheduled times?

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 05-25-2013, 02:30 PM

None on the Navigator in December either.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Hey there Spiritfilled! Glad to hear you had a GREAT time on Allure!

Let me add to the escargot debate....two cruises on Liberty Of The Seas last December (back to back) and no escargot. CF is right - just take it off the menu and if they can supply a ship for a cruise then just have the waiters offer it as an off-menu item for that night. Keeping it on the menu is only annoying people when they don't have any to serve.

We leave for Oasis in a few days. Really looking forward to it.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:06 PM
I was a bit disappointed about the Escargot ....but I got over it I guess.
Disembarkation ......well in my opinion it wasn't bad at all. No I didn't carry off my own luggage I had too many things to carry for that to happen. Lol. It really was quite fast, we were off as scheduled. I don't know I just found this to be such a great cruise...I don't understand all the complaints about the service, food, smell or even the elevators. I read all those reviews before I left and thought OH MY GOODNESS what is going on. My experience was far different than those. There were times when the elevators were a bit busy but who's in a hurry anyway. If you are take the stairs..Ha ha.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Having a positive attitude is the thing. Too many people walk around just waiting to be offended, or to have something not happen exactly as they want, so they can complain about it. And as you've seen many of them do their complaining at various cruise websites including this one.

I wish RCI would fix the escargot problem one way or another, but it isn't going to affect my continuing to cruise with them. At the end of the day it is just an appetizer.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:23 AM

Thumbs up
Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time on your cruise Spiritfilled. I love escargot as well but I have to agree its better to remove something from the menu if its that difficult to keep it stocked for whatever reason. It is better to exceed the expectation of the customer than to make excuses for not having something available that is listed as an item.
I know that I enjoy the rack of lamb (I may have mentioned this before) Yum, but when I was on the last cruise it was replaced by braised lamb shanks that quickly became my most favorite menu entrée right up there with REAL New England lobstah !
Were you comfortable with the size of ship as compared to your previous cruises ? I think some of the cruise lines are making it easier to find directions around the larger ships. They seem so large that on a 7 day cruise so much is still left to see and enjoy.
To get past those cruise blues you need to book your next one !

Peterl

Old 05-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Welcome back, and thank you for your review! I am so excited that you had a good cruise -- you deserve it!

Two questions about your stateroom. First, how comfortable did your niece fiend the sofabed? My son is 5'9" and can sleep pretty much anywhere, but we still would like him to be able to stretch out if he wishes. (We're not concerned about cabin size as we've been in some that were much smaller.) Second, did you find this area noisy at night or does much shut down after a certain time?

Many thanks. Welcome back -- you were missed!
Old 05-26-2013, 03:36 PM

Your cruise sounds fantastic! It makes me want to try one of the large ships. Thanks for sharing.

Nadine

Tags
2013, allure, back, caribbean, comedian, cruise, enchantment, escargot, experience, forum, have, reviews, royal, seas, stores