Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 08:25 PM

I would appreciate a post from you when you get a reply from Royal Caribbean. I'm sending my Granddaughter on the Allure of the Seas in December. I would never do that if I and any doubt about the quality of the ship and crew. What happened to you on your cruise is a rare misfortune and you should be compensated for what you had to endure during your vacation - especially being booked in a suite. You should be receiving a letter from Royal Caribbean telling you what coarse they will. or will not take to resolve this matter.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:56 AM

Unhappy Will post IF I HEAR from them
but will be surprised,frankly.
We HAVE been on many of the premium and luxury lines,but wanted to give this one a TRY after 20 yrs.of not cruising on mass market lines.My son has gone on quite a few and never had any of these problems.
I post on a few other cruise sites and have let my opinion be known there and to anyone who asks.My husband said many of his patients ask,hey Doc how was that cruise?and he TELLS them(with just a small percentage of pts he sees a day,about 30,that can add up )
but agree NO DENT in lines profits.
Going back to Oceania in Sept and guess will just stick to similar lines in future.
Thanks all for letting me vent.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:28 AM

Unhappy To update. Sent another email
to question lack of response to FIRST one. Got back a form email stating something like 'this e mail will delay response to first one".But never DID get that response.
Just wondering,in general,if ANYONE has EVER received any customer service help via email?As said before,did call and told email response handled as received.But its been over 2 wks and NADA.
Should just let this go,right?But it really bothers me.Know snail mail letter MAY help,but will let it drop.Too much trouble.Opinions?
Old 06-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Know snail mail letter MAY help,but will let it drop.Too much trouble.Opinions?
There's your answer. If someone takes the trouble of writing and sending a letter by snail mail, it implies the issue is important. I'd suggest going that route.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:14 PM

I think LisaP has a great suggestion. I'm also waiting for things promised from the fire mishap on the Grandeur in May. I know it's coming, but it going to take awhile.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:27 PM

Thumbs up Received a form reply from Guest Relations
with incorrect information and apology. They didnt "have a record" of further complaints after "fixed on first occasion" or some such. Did reply with an update and correct information.Also, stated a letter of apology doesnt "seem enough for miserable experience".Oddly, only ODOR was addressed, no mention of backed up water and sewage on bathroom floor.
Will let you know if I hear more.Oh, no mention of any future credits,etc.But, hey, at least I got a RESPONSE!!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:36 PM

I think a written letter sent to them USPS (snail mail) may generate a better response. I took a trip awhile ago (not cruising), and long story short, there were problems with Amtrak, and I got back to NJ from Boston a good 3-4 hours later than I was supposed to. I went online and completed the Guest Satisfaction Survey, and also wrote a formal letter to Amtrak Guest Relations. Later, they responded with a voucher equal to what I paid for the one way fare between Boston and Metropark, NJ.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 06-21-2013, 05:29 AM

Lightbulb An update to report
in answer to my last email, I was offered a $250 credit per person on next cruise.I have replied that I d like to give this to my son and his wife for their upcoming cruise in Nov.on Liberty of the Seas. ,,since he is the one who recommended Royal Caribbean to us.Will let you know what I hear back.
But I m now satisfied that I received a proper response and some form of compensation for the unfortunate cruise experience.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Alexandra.....This sounds like a story of the squeaky wheel gets the much needed grease!!! Congratulations on your stick-to-it-iveness and final somewhat satisfactory resolution!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 06-22-2013, 02:42 PM

Exclamation Surprize!!
The customer service manager at Royal actually CALLED me to let me know that they were going to allow this credit to be switched to my son for his next cruise.
Am REALLY happy with this outcome and wanted everyone to know Royal Caribbean handles customer complaints well, just be persistant and polite.
Glad to report a GOOD outcome.

Tags
8622, caribbean, enchantment, junior, reviews, royal, seas, sewer, smell, suite