Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 05:17 AM

Thumbs down Cruise NOT Enchanting
Took my first mass market, large ship cruise in 20 yrs. and will be MY LAST.
Enchantment of the Seas NOT ENCHANTING.It started with the Jr.Suite(8622)bathroom,it SMELLED from the first and got worse,,even drain on floor overflowed with sewage.Had maintainance in 3 times with NO HELP.No other rooms available,so room was AWFUL and spent terrible time in there.WITH NO COMPENSATION or apolgies ,,ex.excuses from staff.
Dining at breakfast and lunch a madhouse,Windjammer TOO SMALL for 2700 guests(and MDR not open,did have pool bbq but NO WARE to sit.The first dinner was inedible ,but 2 after got better.Staff there very helpful.
One theater performance we saw was VERY GOOD.
The shore excursion my DH wanted was cancelled.
Not a good experience,but at least the ship didnt catch fire(that was so scary to hear about).
Will stick with premium and luxury lines,you get what you PAY FOR really holds true.
Sure this was just ONE BAD experience,but enough for us.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:22 AM

Wink Just an update on above
decided to make a complaint to RC on its website and sent an email re .bathroom situation and unsanitary conditions.Its been 2 days and no response yet.Really just wanted to let them know and sort of vent.But sure they re busy with the fire cruisers.
Will let you know if I get a response and what it is.
I paid a lot of money for 3 nite cruise in jr.suite and was miserable.Doubt I d even use a OBC or such,but it would be nice if offered.Perhaps I d give it my son,if possible?Doubt that though.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:33 AM

Question Been a week with NO RESPONSE
anyone had this problem before?any ideas?
Does Royal own any luxury boats,like Carnival owns Seabourn?Maybe I could take any OBC (IF I get some,that s assuming) and put towards another line in fleet?
Old 06-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Administrator

RCI is a cruise brand of RCCL, which is the umbrella company for RCI, Celebrity, and Azamara Club Cruises. I doubt they'd offer anything interchangeable between the three lines.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:02 PM

Strange, but I found the Enchantment Of The Seas to be an exceptional ship. I was on her from April 1st through the 24th this year and thought it was one of my better cruises. Last week I was on the Grandeur when it caught fire and I have nothing but praise for how the crew took care of us. So, you had a bad experience and you're not happy with the response (or lack of...), which is understandable. If you haven't already contacted the "Resolution Center" in Miami, I'd strongly suggest you do that. I also suggest using a sweet tone when talking to the right person - it always works for me. I would be very surprised if you didn't end up with a satisfying resolution. I would also suggest you write down as much detail as you can recall before you make contact with someone in Miami. Hopefully you filed a complaint while on board the ship -- that would be a big help. Let us know how you make out.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:37 AM

Wink Thank you for suggestions
I did send email over a week ago.But good suggestion to also call.Did complain to Guest Relations on ship,stateroom attendant,housekeeping,and maintainance.Not sure if that would be a FORMAL complaint made.
My other problems I could deal with,its just the bathroom situation that was unbearable.Can see a sewer odor occasionally,but the backup on floor every time tub emptied was NOT.Paid almost $2,000 for 2 for jr.suite for 3 nites.Whew.for THAT I at least expected a usable cabin.RIGHT??
Old 06-06-2013, 04:39 PM

Hi Alexandra.

Sorry you didn't have a good experience on the Enchantment. As far as Sonny's recommendation, I'm not sure if just a verbal complaint onboard would do anything. I'm assuming he means a written complaint.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 06-06-2013, 09:00 PM

How would you file a complaint if it wasn't in writing? I would also recommend that a person have a signed copy for their own record.

"Paid almost $2,000 for 2 for jr.suite for 3 nites.Whew.for THAT I at least expected a usable cabin.RIGHT??"

ABSOLUTELY!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:56 AM

Unhappy Sonny, think I may have
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny V View Post
How would you file a complaint if it wasn't in writing? I would also recommend that a person have a signed copy for their own record.

"Paid almost $2,000 for 2 for jr.suite for 3 nites.Whew.for THAT I at least expected a usable cabin.RIGHT??"

ABSOLUTELY!
dropped the ball on the complaint thing.As said above,did speak about problems to all the above but nothing in writing.Did send email listing all the details though.Also,called and told emails are dealt with as they come in(in order,Iguess).But almost 10 days and NADA.
Sad because we do a LOT of cruising,speak to many people a day(DH is a Dr.and I m a nurse) and now will NOT RECOMMEND this line.Not sure what else to do and really hate to devote any more of my time to it.Seem to hit a blank wall.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:07 PM

I'm really sorry you encountered so many problems on your cruise. They should not have happened, especially when health and safety are involved.

I suspect they will get to your email eventually. If you consider how many thousands of passengers sail with them each week, they could, in fact, get thousands of emails a day. Even some folks with a lot less legitimate woes like to write them email. Folks complain about things like their soup being not hot enough one night or the fact that it rained in Cozumel so Royal Caribbean shouldn't ever go there in March. These "dire" incidents are important enough to folks that they write emails. If the complaints are dealt with in order by however many people are assigned to that sort of thing, that's a lot of emails to get through. I doubt they're prioritized in any way, just "read and respond" one by one.

All the problems aside, I suspect you're a better fit with the more upscale cruise lines, even if your cruise had not had the problems it did. Even if you don't recommend this cruise line to all your many contacts, the truth is it won't make a dent in Royal Caribbean's market share. In fact, you may be doing your friends and patients a favor by recommending the more upscale cruise lines to them!

Do let us know when you hear from Royal Caribbean.

Sandy

Last edited by Sandy; 06-08-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Tags
8622, caribbean, enchantment, junior, reviews, royal, seas, sewer, smell, suite