Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Default How Many Pinnacle Club Members Are There?
The thread with the spoof video got me to thinking about how many people are in the Pinnacle Club level with RCI. I found some two-year old info on the web that says there were 163 Pineapples in 2011, and around 5500 Diamond Plus at that time. Obviously these numbers have increased since then but I'd guess the number of Pinnacle Club members is still 250 or less and the D+ might be around 8000 to 9000.

There are around 7 million Crown and Anchor members at all levels.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:06 PM

Thanks Dave...suddenly I don't feel so special anymore.

Brad

Old 06-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Well Brad, you'll be on the Allure in a few days. That'll help sooth the wounds I've inflicted.

Plus, I figure most of those 7 million members are not as active about cruises as we are.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:48 PM

One more will be added to the Pinhead count in September. I won't feel so special anymore either--I'll be at the bottom of the list. I heard that by the end of December there may be as many as 400 Pinnacle Club Members. It still will be a small percentage of the number of C&A members. I'm just interested in the Gold Card and the complimentary luggage valet. Other than that there's not much difference that being Diamond Plus.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Administrator

I don't understand the reasoning for making Pinnacle level so much higher than Diamond Plus as far as the points needed, and then not offering perks that are more meaningful. Diamond Plus is 175 points. Pinnacle Club is 700. It's such a gap.

For those who don't know it, the plan is that once all the RCI ships have a Diamond Club fully operational the Concierge Lounge will be only for those in upper level suites and Pinnacle Club members. Diamond Plus members will have to use the Diamond Lounge (unless of course they are in a GS or higher category).
Old 06-03-2013, 04:14 AM

Dave, you make a good point :-)

On my previous cruise on the Navigator last November, I completely forgot about priority check-in and waited in line for over two hours! When I got up to the front, they looked at my set sail pass and said "Oh, Sir, you could have skipped the line!" With my wife and children looking at me the way they were, I don't know if I have ever felt so stupid before in my entire life. I was under a lot of pressure at the time and was extremely tired. Oh well, lesson learned.

I think that perhaps the reason that they don't offer too much more for Pinnacle is that after you have already taken that many cruises on Royal Caribbean...they probably already have you!

I am almost to the point where I am counting the hours now!

Brad

Old 06-03-2013, 04:21 AM

I do have a question for Sonny and Dave...have you observed that you get treated differently by the cruise ship staff (bartenders, waiters, etc.) once they realize that you are Diamond Plus?

I am not really into having people kiss my rear-end or anything, in fact, I don't like people like that at all. However, I do find that with the decline in customer service across the board in our country, I really hate it when I am treated like just another number by the staff at places that I patronize on a regular basis. I like to spread good cheer and always tip well and it really bothers me when servers at restaurants act like they have never seen me before when I see them all the time.

Oh well, such is life!

Brad

Old 06-03-2013, 05:19 AM
Administrator

Other than acknowledging me with a "welcome back" I don't get treated differently. I might encounter crew members I have sailed with before and we'll talk, but that is all. I do not feel they should give me priority, it should be who was next.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:06 AM

I couldn't agree with you more, Dave. I also feel that since everyone else has also paid good money for their vacation that they deserve the best treatment possible.

My family and I have had the pleasure of running into crew members on other ships, especially the dining staff. It is always nice to see a familiar face and chat with them.

Like you, I have really only noticed the occasional "Welcome back" wih an extra smile, but otherwise nothing else.

Take care,

Brad.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:50 PM

I do get invited to the Cruise Directors party pretty often, and same goes for the Captain's Table. As a matter of fact, I was at the Captain's Table the night before the fire. Other than that, I don't get any special treatment. Oh yeah, I get upgrades fairly often. I'm not one to look for entitlements. I'm just blessed to be fortunate enough to be able to cruise enough to get to the next level.

Tags
2013, achieve, caribbean, club, cruises, dec, diamond, giving, level, list, member, members, pinnacle, points, rccl, royal, walk