Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 12:14 PM

Saving some a seat for 15 minutes or so isn't a problem with me. My problem is nobody seems to do that. Another peeve is when kids take over the adult pool and no attendant is around to supervise the problem. There are certain times that children are allowed to be in the pool when with their parents, these times are posted so the parents can ignore them. I guess we all have to learn to speak up when something annoys us.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Administrator

And let's not forget....the kids in the hot tubs with snorkels using them as swimming pools.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:57 PM

Again, where are the parents? I remember seeing a little girl coming into the hot tub with an ice-cream cone. I said: Sorry honey, but ice-cream cones aren't allowed in the hot water because they melt all over everybody. She smiled and turned away from the tub. Kids seem to listen to adults when your nice to them. Maybe parents should be nicer. I haven't been in a hot tub for the past 4 cruises and I really didn't miss it.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Administrator

I've been moving away from the pools and hot tubs for a while now. It used to be every day but now is a once or twice thing for me. I guess it has to do with getting older, or perhaps being smarter about when to use the pools.

When our son was younger we never let him run wild on the ship, but that is clearly not the norm for many parents these days.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:53 AM

You guys are right about parents not supervising their children. On the Allure last month, my 10 year-old daughter played with another little girl, who was probably 8 years old, all week long and we never ever saw an adult with her. We kept watching and watching and it became a bit of a game for us, but we never saw her with any adult. It was actually quite disturbing.

I think I may start pointing out violators to the pool attendants as well. I don't know why it bugs me so much, but I just seem to have a problem with people who have no regard for how their selfish actions affect others. It seems to me that if everyone in life would simple stop and consider what would happen if everyone acted the way they did, then there would be fewer rude people out there. Nothing is worse than folks in the buffet line taking at least 30 seconds to dish every single item, taking over 5 minutes to dish one plate. I always stand there, impatiently doing the math in my head and get ticked. I guess that is my problem.

Oh well,

Brad

Old 07-13-2013, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Yes, the buffet speedbumps. And they also act annoyed if, while they are standing there leisurely scooping fried rice, someone goes past them to get something further down the line because the are tired of being held up. It's as if the entire buffet is being held hostage by the speedbump and nobody else can use it until they are done evaluating each food choice and have side-stepped all the way to the end of the steam table.

I always do a walk-thru of all the buffet stations, figure out what I want, and then get my plate. It's funny how people don't realize the ship has the same items at more than one station, and I'm talking the last day of the cruise and they still are not clued in. So they go through a buffet station and see fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, etc., and sliced to order pork roast. They go to the station right next to it and see the same things and complain about the lack of variety (I'm talking about the Windjammer layouts in the back by the main seating area).
Old 07-13-2013, 07:40 AM
I am sitting here laughing reading these but it is so true. I get annoyed at people coming up the wrong end of the line and they look annoyed because your in their way LOL But nothing is as bad as seeing people and yes they are adults grabbing food with their hands...YIKES ! I always want to do a Citizens Arrest like on Andy Griffith ha ha !!!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Administrator

On the Oasis cruise the tongs for burger buns were sitting on top of them. Saw a man pick the tongs up and put them on the counter, and then grab a bun with his hands. I wanted to slap him.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:10 AM

What about people on the buffet line who are putting specific pieces from a salad or stew onto their plate instead of dishing a spoonful of it? I saw someone at the paella, meticulously picking out the chicken and seafood so as not to get any of the rice with it.

Tags
beach, caribbean, cruise, fee, policies, policy, pool, royal, saved, ship, spot, swimming, towel, towels, upgrade