Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   early saver? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/39744-early-saver.html)

Sandylynn 07-15-2013 06:26 AM

early saver?

Hi there, only cruised on carnival. Thinking of doing royal this year. Does Royal have early saver or other specials, discounts etc. Thanks

Dave 07-15-2013 08:26 AM

RCI doesn't have an early saver bookings. They do have savings certificates you can get by signing up for e-mail delivery.

Once you have cruised with them and are in the Crown & Anchor Society you have member access to other savings certificates.

Go to the RCI website and along the top there is a pulldown menu for 'cruise deals' which has several options to look at. An agent can get those prices and perks too, so it doesn't have to be booked direct with the line.

Sandylynn 07-16-2013 05:32 AM

Oh OK...but you have to cruise at least once with them to receive any savings certificates?

Dave 07-16-2013 05:51 AM

Yes, the savings certificates are for C&A members.

You can also buy a 'NextCruise' while on a cruise for $100. This is an open booking that will also offer an onboard credit that can vary based on cruise length. When you decide to use it, you pay the remaining amount needed for a deposit and get the OBC from $50 to $200 on the cruise you decided to book. A 7-night cruise gets $100 OBC, longer cruises get the full $200.

You can also transfer the NextCruise bookings to other people, and buy up to 3 of them.

janfred 07-16-2013 10:59 AM

Dave,
This maybe a very stupid question but you never know. Can I buy a future cruise certificate on RCCL for Celebrity? I am kicking myself for not doing that when I was just on Celebrity. I want to reserve a 2015 to Galapagos and I really don't care to put down a $900 deposit for a cruise that is so far away $100 is so much nicer. My friend got 2 of them thinking she needed one for her and her husband and found out she only needed 1 but she can't transfer it to me. DRATS

Sandylynn 07-16-2013 11:16 AM

Can only buy one certificate per stateroom? Sure wish Carnival still had the certificates...I bought one every year!

Dave 07-16-2013 11:48 AM

You can only book RCI cruises or get a NextCruise certificate for RCI cruises.

Each NextCruise certificate is for one cabin from what I understand. So if I go on a cruise and buy three certificates it is for for three cabins on undefined cruises, but I could use all three certificates to book three cabins on the same future cruise.

Sonny knows more about this than I do. Maybe he'll clear it up.

janfred 07-16-2013 11:49 AM

Thanks Dave. SandyLynn my friend got one on a Celebrity Cruise last year and got another one this year thinking she needed one for her and her spouse like Princess does. Princess sells them for $100 each and it counts as your deposit and it is $100 OBC not bad I think. But I think Celebrity lets you get as many as you want but I am not 100% on that.