Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 05:32 PM

Default Grandeur of the Sea
Can someone please tell me why special amenities are not available for the Junior Suite on the Grandeur of the Sea? We have never booked and Suite, and wanted to do something "special" for this vacation.

Thank you in advance for assistance.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old 07-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Administrator

The Junior Suite category is not included in the suite amenities program on any RCI ship, and not just the Grandeur. It is simply their policy. The JS category also doesn't require a double deposit like the Grand Suite and higher categories, and the JS is priced quite less than the GS and higher categories most of the time. The JS category is charged tips at the standard cabin rate, and not the higher suite gratuity rate. So, that is why.

As an aside, I do wish they dropped the "Junior Suite" name if they aren't going to give it suite perks. It is indeed confusing, as in your case. Call it a "Super Deluxe Balcony Cabin" or something, but drop the word 'suite'.

However, those in a JS do get double cruise points, just like those in the 'real' suites, and so the JS cabins are highly sought after by Crown & Anchor members wanting to climb the membership ladder.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:49 PM

Thank you Dave for answering my question. I agree that the word "Suite" is very misleading. Not sure what we will do now, but your response will help us make a decision.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:56 PM

In my opinion the word "JUNIOR" says it all. Dave, you forgot to mention the silver seapass card that comes with a Junior Suite. I think a JS is a perfect size. You get a tub and a walk-in closet - plus the room is about 4 feet wider than other balcony cabins. The big perk with booking a Grand Suite is access to the Concierge Lounge.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:37 AM

Thank you Sonny for the extra input. Glad I can come to this forum for all the information I need about having a wonderful cruising vacation!

Old 07-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Administrator

The JS category is great for the extra room. The JS on Freedom class ships have closets that are larger than those in a GS on the Oasis and Allure.

I wanted to go with a JS for our Serenade cruise but it was $1000 more than a D2 balcony when we booked it. I just checked and the D2s have increased by $170 per person, and the JS is also higher. I couldn't justify that much of a difference in cost. Maybe they'll upgrade me, but there are only a handful of JS cabins currently in the inventory.

The BCS Championship game will be on the 6th. Looking forward to seeing it on the ship, hopefully with the Crimson Tide in the game.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Thumbs up JS
I usually book as JS also, and I'm "full sized" and can use the hip room. I've booked a GS for my upcoming repositing cruise as a special treat. The concierge club is one of the better perks; but I'm looking forward to comparing the club to the Diamond lounge. Hoping for a good comparison, as I'm only booking JS from now on. From what I've seen on other ships, the GS isn't MUCH more than a JS on steriods, with a "bar" of sorts.

Need some cruise help?
Old 07-26-2013, 06:34 PM

Jim, most of the time I go to the Diamond Lounge. Now you get the same drinks as you would in the Concierge Lounge, and the Concierge is a lot smaller and usually too crowded. What ship are you going to be on?
Old 07-27-2013, 05:01 AM
Talking JS
SonnyV; Brilliance OTS, this October 27th from Boston, South, then to Tampa, a 13 day sail. She's just come out of a re-fit. We were on Radiance OTS last year and really liked the size and apparent "elligance" look of the ship, so we booked this cruise. I'm also looking at a Transatlantic next year on Serenade from Barcelona to New Orleans, 16 days. Next to Mariner, which we started on in 2005, they are our favorite ships. We JUST became Diamond last year, and have used the Concierge lounge on Liberty for our family cruise and know that it's nice. All those lounges are smaller in size, as the one on Radience is NOW a GS since her refit and has been moved up to the Viking Crown area, along with the diamond lounge. Less than 100 days now till we go!!!

Need some cruise help?

Tags
grandeur, grandiar, jr, junior, privilages, reviews, sea, seas, special, suite