Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 03:31 AM
Smile Anyone try Izumi on RCCL ?
I was making my reservations for the specialty restaurants on the Grandeur OTS and it seemed pretty cut and dry for Chops and Giovanni's but Izumi not so much.
What hot plates do they have or is it mostly Sushi? Do you pay the $10 for a cover charge and then A la carte? Since we never have been on RCCL we decide to try Chops because we heard so much about it here in the forum and we added Giovanni's for lunch to check it out, haven't heard anything on that one. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Izumi is ala carte pricing as well as the cover charge. Besides the sushi and sashimi they also have 'hot rock' entrees and things like sukiyaki and soups. Google "Izumi menu Oasis Of The Seas" and you'll find some menu images. It should be the same on any ship.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Thanks Dave,
I have to check all the menus before I book because I have a very picky husband ! I don't think Izumi will work. He will end up getting white rice LOL ! I get excited at the words "reduction or demiglace" ! He likes the very basics and I love anything different and special that I don't normally have at home ! I booked the Crown Grill on Princess without checking out the menu..I learned.
There were no appetizers, soup or salad he would try so he had a steak and a potato no veggies, that was a waste really ! I want to try OCEAN BLUE BY GEOFFREY ZAKARIAN on the Breakaway now that will be a hard one when he does not eat seafood !

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Our son will try things beyond the basics, but he is less adventuresome as a teen than he was as a little kid. I happen to like the lamb shank RCI serves (the best meat course on their dining room menu, IMHO). He ordered it last month on Oasis but only got through a couple bites before the idea of some little lamb in a field of clover must have caught up with him.

I have yet to overcome my aversion to frog legs. It's silly because I'll eat alligator.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:59 PM

I totally agree with you, Dave, about the lamb shank. I convinced my 18 year-old daughter to order it and she absolutely loved it!

Frog legs aren't bad, but they just don't have a whole lot of meat.

Take care,

Brad

Old 07-30-2013, 07:58 AM

I agree with both of you. The lamb shank is my favorite, too, although I find it way too salty.

Tags
10, caribbean, cost, cover, cruise, grandeur, izumi, menu, oasis, restaurant, review, reviews, royal, sea, ship