Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 05:30 AM
Question Specialty Restaurant
Question, and I can't believe I've never done this before, but here goes. I want to make a reservation for Chopps for our entire group of 8 people. I know that I CAN use my reservation page on the web site to do this, but the question is this; do I have to pay for the reservation WHEN I make it on the web site? I have about $650 worth of On-Board credit already, and want to pay for the dinner with my sea pass card upon the ship, NOT before. Has anyone used their reservation web page to make a reservation for dinner, and does it have to be paid for then, or on the ship at the dinner time?
Old 09-04-2013, 05:32 AM
Default Chopps
BTW, I'm paying for the entire group as a surprise, which is why I wanted to use the on-board credits I have already set up.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:44 AM

Hi Jim, If you want to pay for it by using onboard credit you will have to wait until you board the ship. I would use the services of the concierge to do the booking. That is one of the advantages Suite gest get. Let him or her arrange it and send out the invites. I hope to meet you on board as we are less than eight weeks now from the sailing.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Talking Chopps
Thanks- I had started to set up the reservation, but stopped when it got to the point where it looked like the payment was next. I forgot about the concierge; I'll let them handle it.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Nothing can be charged to OBC prior to the cruise because there is no onboard account established yet.

Speaking of OBC: I noted on our last cruise the credit I'd received for using points on my RCI Visa card, and for the booking being a 'next cruise' I'd bought on a previous cruise, did not appear on my account on the first day. It was somewhere around day 3 or 4 when that $250 total OBC appeared. No big deal in the end, but I was about ready to inquire about it at the desk.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:38 PM

Hi Jim,

Casey has good advice for you. Also, the Concierge should be sending you an email introducing himself and offing to help with any request you might have. Perhaps that would be a good window of opportunity to take care of your reservations. You could also go to Chops after you board the ship to make your reservations. Booking on line requires payment.

Last edited by Sonny V; 09-04-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:02 AM
Red face Obc
Sonny, our last cruise had the same as your prior post; none of the onboard credit showed up until almost the third day. I have two credits from the Visa account, plus the credit from booking on the prior cruise also. Makes it so the credit card doesn't melt quite as quickly after the cruise...........