Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 06:17 AM

I read this also. My understanding was the E cigarettes are also part of the ban. That part I do not understand. It's a "smoke free" vapor. I do smoke but having this go into effect will help me smoke less. If I used e cigarette on balacony how will someone know if they can't smell it?

Thanks
Candice

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-10-2013, 07:34 AM
Administrator

The e-cigarettes have the stigma attached and have caused confrontations and misunderstandings. It's a lack of knowledge issue and many just don't understand that the vapor is not smoke. So, to avoid any hassles they simply included e-cigarettes. Other lines have done the same.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:51 PM
i'm somone who falls into the never smoked, prefer you didn't but the balcony never bothered me much..
That being said, isn't it ironic that cigarettes are so heavily taxed, and yet they give lip service to getting people to stop smoking.
Same with the cruise lines. they have a whole store dedicated to the sales of cigarettes that they don't want you to smoke.....
Love the way things work!!!!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 09-10-2013, 06:35 PM

We have always found the U.S. people are the worst smokers on cruises. All the issues we have run into are cause by someone from America. We in Canada do not smkoe that much anymore due to all the new laws and taxes!!! The cost of smoking is very high. We have never run into any issues with Canadian on ship about smoking.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:03 AM
We feel that smoking in the US is much reduced from years past........in Europe, particularly .aboard European Cruise ships We think the smoking is much more extensive and less restricted. Having Asthma.......I need to use My meds much more often while aboard ship in the Mediterranean......sometimes We will avoid some of the public areas of the vessels . We have not run into that problem on ships sailing from US ports.

BillyBuzzy
Old 09-11-2013, 08:33 AM

I've known many Canadians through Associations I belong to and really don't detect any strong accent that I could distinguish them as American or Canadians. Frankly, I don't care what nationality a smoker is. The fact remains that smoking intrudes on others personal space. Some people are more sensitive to smoke than others. Particularly those with health problems. I think the cruise lines have come to a satisfactory "middle ground" where they still allow smoking in the open areas and limited spaces, while nonsmokers can have some space too.

Tags
baltimore, caribbean, caribean, cassino, celebrity, cruise, ecigarettes, exceptions, policy, reasons, refund, reviews, royal, ships, smoking