Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 11:35 AM

Default Diamond Club vs. Concierge Club
We have booked a GS for our upcoming cruise on the Allure. I noticed the two clubs are different, the Diamond Club on deck 6 overlooking the Promenade and the Concierge Club on deck 11. As guests booked in a GS but not yet a Diamond level we have access to the Concierge Club only?
Old 09-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Administrator

That is correct. You can only go to the Concierge Lounge. Amenity-wise it is the better of the two. The Concierge Lounge serves full breakfasts and has a lunch menu too. You can't get that in the Diamond Lounge. I think I ate breakfast there 5 out of 7 mornings on our Oasis cruise a few months ago.

The evening cocktail hours are the same in both lounges.

Here is my order one morning. This is for one person, the 'ultimate' breakfast or something like that. Lox, bagel, fruit, muesli, omelet, bacon, hashbrown potatoes.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:21 PM

Dave, thank you once again for answering another one of my questions.

We look forward to the cruise and the amenitites that come with the GS.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Dexter Fraser should be one of the suite concierges from 9/29 through the end of the year. He is outstanding and a charming man. Very gracious host. Sonny V knows him personally. You'll be getting an e-mail from the concierge before your cruise starts.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Question Different "Clubs"
Dave, I have access to both coming up. I understand that Diamond club does not have food, but do both have the same set-up for drinks (cocktails)? No charge, except a tip for the bartender, in Concierge; Diamond Club the same, and snacks (Hoover-Doovers my Dad used to call them)?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Drinks and snacks are the same at the cocktail hours in both lounges. Diamond Lounge can get noisy since it is open to the promenade, but they usually have to use an overflow area to accommodate everyone, and that is normally in the Blaze nightclub on deck 4.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:40 PM

I look forward to his email. I will print it out and take it with me on the trip.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Talking Clubs
We're on Brilliance this fall, and both are up in the Viking Crown lounge area. From past cruises on Radience, I don't expect the area to be very large. Concierge used to be on deck 10 before both ships were re-done, and now the old area is another larger-sized cabin.
Looking forward to either any way it comes.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:58 PM

Hi Jim,
I think on this cruise most likely they will turn Singapore Slings on deck 6 into the Diamond Club. This cruise is known for attracting a lot of D's & D+ cruisers. I would not be surprised to have at least 500 onboard. This is the norm on Transatlantic's and from speaking to people on CC, that has been the case the last 2 years. It makes for a very festive atmosphere.

We normally don't book excursions through the ship,especially in the caribbean, but we just booked the Mi Dushi in Aruba. Took it a couple years back and really enjoyed it.

Tags
breakfast, caribbean, club, concierge, coupons, diamond, lounge, review, royal, ultimate