Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 02:46 PM
janfred...Welcome back from the Grandeur OTS....I haven't cruised on her since the Fall of 1999....I enjoyed her way back when she was one of RCCL's newer ships (The Explorer was still under construction)....from the changes she sounds like a much different ship from that of years ago....We did her "stretched" sister back in 2005 and loved her too! We have an RCCL cruise in mind for late 2015 and are awaiting the offerings for that time frame!! You did a fine review and you managed to update my memories of a mighty fine ship. Thank You !!

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Thank you billybuzzy, I always think about you and your wonderful travel adventures! I say let's keep on traveling ! Not sure what is next but we are thinking of a Norway/Iceland cruise on Celebrity or Azamara. I loved Croatia and Montenegro but my husband hasn't been there yet so that is a possibility too. Isn't planning wonderful ??

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 11-19-2013, 04:12 PM
janfred...hold onto that cruise thought.....We are considering a Norwegian fjord cruise up into and above the Arctic Circle and are very much researching the subject. Hence one of the main reasons for Our MSC cruise......MSC cruises the Fjords up into the Arctic Circle (There is a method to Our cruise addiction)...then too...MSC will likely be doing down to Rio from Miami....We find that equally exciting!! Yes indeed.....We love to plan (years in advance)and then do!!! MMMH! MMMH! MMMH! MMMH! MMMH!!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Hey billybuzzy...We also have been thinking about Hurtigruten to go up into Norway! What are your thoughts on that line. They had a video out called Most Beautiful Passage, I think. It was awesome, a very relaxed line. I call it the LL BEAN Cruise Line LOL.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:32 PM
janfred......Hurtigruten seems to be very much a ferry service into the Arctic Circle and offers cabins typical of a ferry (very much like the standard cabins of years ago) Meal service is not too impressive nor does there seem to be much of shipboard life/activity!! They try to extract a very high fee for their lack of creature comforts.....but they do get into some really out of the way ports and fjords!!! WE continue to research the subject...a lot will depend upon Our own personal experiences on the MSC Divina in March!!! The Arctic Circle and those Gorgeous fjords are very high on Our Bucket List!! We will stay in touch on this!!!

BillyBuzzy

Last edited by billybuzzy; 11-22-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-22-2013, 01:57 PM
billybuzzy please do stay in touch. We will continue to research as well and see were we end up. What month are you thinking of doing this trip ?
Old 11-23-2013, 07:55 AM
janfred...With Our current plans pretty much booked into Spring 2015 We are considering Transatlantic for Fall 2015 and the Fjords for Spring 2016 (when MSC cruises the fjords). We shall have left Europe by March 2015 after Our Wintering over (MMMH! those Christmas Markets) for Spring cruising (1st Princess Cruise) in the Caribbean. We do not cruise generally in the Summer as We have both Cape Cod and Rhode Island Sound homes. We maintain a backlog of future cruises up to two years in advance (We have 8 on the books right now) When would You interested in the Fjords???

BillyBuzzy

Last edited by billybuzzy; 11-23-2013 at 07:57 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-23-2013, 09:56 AM
billybuzzy ..we are thinking of this June or July on Celebrity or maybe Azamara! I like your schedule so much better! WOW, RI that is my home, left when I join the Air Force but never moved back. Most of my family is still there. I would love Wintering in Europe !
Well I will let you know what we end up with...it is all wonderful.

Tags
close, cruise, curtains, night, ship