Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Talking RCI Visa Card
Just went on the redemption site for the RCI Visa card to purchase an onboard credit for our next cruise, and found that they have increased and added many options for Amaraza, Celebrity and RCI. They now have a $500 onboard credit which can be bought for your up-coming sailing. My only suggestion to everyone is to PRINT out the email they send to you after your purchase and KEEP it with your next cruise papers to take with you onboard the ship. Our last cruise, I had purchased two $250.00 credits, but the ship could only find one. It took a visit to the service desk, about 1/2 hour of his time playing on his computer to not be able to find the credit. I showed him both print-outs, of which he made copies, and faxed them both to Miami. By bedtime, he had sent me a voice mail to our cabin that they had indeed found the second one, and the next day it showed on the on-screen TV passanger charges on our cabin. The problem had been that I bought one right after booking the cruise in 2012, and the second in May on 2013, and they had to back search a bit to find the purchase. My wife thinks I'm crazy printing out so many things related to the cruises we enjoy, but on this one, she admitted I was "probably" correct(grudgingly).
Sorry guys if this is in the wrong section-I wasn't sure where to post this

Need some cruise help?
Old 11-24-2013, 06:50 PM

Jim, I'm glad you posted this. We will be cruising in March and have points or whatever you call them to redeem. We want to apply them to onboard credit and weren't sure when this should be done--prior to sailing or while on the cruise.

Printing the confirmation and taking it with us was great information. Thank you!

Nadine
Old 11-25-2013, 05:04 AM

Smile
We've used credits to our on board account in the past and always followed the suggested procedure and have not had any problems; knock on wood. $250 or $500, it all adds up to the same credit, just nicer to be able to do a larger one than multiples.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Talking Visa Card
Nadine, there is a redemption web page, which I don't seem to be able to copy and paste here, that uses the same screenname and password as the BOA web page for the card. You mearly need the Ship name and sail date, and there is a small box at the bottom to add comments, in which I always put my reservation number for the next cruise. Then, just follow the instructions and steps to obtain the credit. There's not to much that can compare to getting on the ship knowing you're already $500 or $250 ahead of the game. BTW, a $500 on board credit needs 50,000 points, and your total amount of available points are listed on the top-right of the page after you log on.

Need some cruise help?
Old 11-25-2013, 05:25 PM

Jim, thank you for the info. We are looking forward to having those credits. The bill gets a little hefty on a 15 day cruise!

Nadine
Old 11-26-2013, 07:07 AM
Administrator

The Rewards page is here.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Default Visa
Thanks Dave, I couldn't figure out how to cut and paste the page address.

Need some cruise help?
Old 11-26-2013, 05:27 PM

Thank you Dave!

Tags
card, credit, rci, visa