Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 04:07 AM
Cool Bon Voyage Dave !
I see you must be packing today! How nice, have a wonderful Cruise.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 01-03-2014, 06:05 AM
Administrator

Thank you! We are packed and will be firing up the Honda in an hour or so, headed for New Orleans. 17 degrees here with a windchill of 6. Only going to be 42 in New Orleans today, but I'll take it!

Definitely not a good day to be flying to a cruise.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:28 AM

Bon Voyage! Enjoy the nice warm weather.

Nadine
Old 01-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Bon Voyage
Old 01-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Bon Voyage to You and Your Family!!! May the seas be gentle and the winds favorable! May the natives be friendly and the drink prices reasonable!!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 01-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Administrator

We just got home after the 7 hour drive from New Orleans. Outstanding cruise. I love the Radiance class ships. The only bad weather, if you can call it that, was a periodic drizzle in Cozumel. But since I stayed aboard it didn't affect me.

The food was good, but still there are always a couple of things in the buffet and in the main dining room that make you wonder what they were thinking when they put the recipe together. They had a new thing in the Windjammer dinner buffet one night - you put your pizza toppings in a bowl (you picked them and how much of each), hand the bowl to the guy at the counter and they custom made a pizza with fresh dough for you. Only took 5 minutes or so and was excellent. They only had it one night though. Plus they had a crawfish boil one night, served in a huge paella pan. Chops....the menu is getting stale. We ate there and it was fine, but I don't see it happening again unless they jazz up the menu. Giovanni's Table was really good and it seems they HAVE changed their menu from the original one on the Oasis. Less pasta dishes and more things from northern Italy (excellent risotto with 3 types of mushrooms).

Excellent concierge (Mario) and the new concierge lounge is lovely - and quite large. Biggest shock was it was never more than half full. The new Diamond lounge isn't as large but they have doors that open to an overflow area in the Viking Crown lounge area. As with the Concierge lounge, the Diamond area was never packed. Just one of those cruises with not too many upper tier members aboard.

We'll do it again, and maybe sooner than later.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:15 AM

Smile
Dave, glad to hear you enjoyed your most recent cruise and had an uneventful trip back to your home. You won't have to wait long to get back on a ship with one planned in April. We will be spending a month in FL but will be back on board only in spring of next year..Been way to long for us.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-12-2014, 05:56 AM
Welcome home! Nice to hear it was Excellent! I too loved Giovanni's not sure how different dinner would be, we did lunch there. Always fun to look forward to the next one !!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 01-12-2014, 06:37 AM
Administrator

I have an overnight cruise coming up for the Norwegian Getaway official naming ceremony, but that really doesn't count as a cruise since we'll be going from one media event to another with maybe a couple hours of free time.

I'm excited about Royal Princess. An old Navy buddy of mine (who cruises A LOT) did two cruises on the Royal P last fall and he likes the ship.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:22 AM

I went on the Brilliance of the Seas in December 2009 in Mediterranean. They had make your own pizza but it was a bit different. The crust was already made, similar to those you can buy in the store. You took the crust and filled it with whatever items you wanted and then handed it to the chef to put in the oven.

Tags
bonvoyagedave, coupons, diamond, moehobbiinfo, ultimate