Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 05:36 AM

I was reading my most recent 'Crown & Anchor' and I came upon a small article about the new "My Time Dining" program? Does anyone know if this is just an 'option' that you can try out, or is RCCL changing their dining experience to be like NCL's 'Freestyle' dining?

I cruised NCL in September and really disliked the 'Freestyle' experience. I am hoping that Royal Caribbean is not going in this direction!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-14-2009, 06:06 AM

Right now it is a test program on certain ships. I believe the Freedom is one of them. On the ships that have it you have the option of the fixed dining or open. They have one level of the dining room for the fixed and one level for the open. When you make your cruise booking you would be informed if your ship has the program. I expect all RCI ships will have the option within the next year.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:32 AM

I just hope that is remains an 'option' and not do away with assigned seating. In my opinion, you really miss the cruise dining experience with the 'freestyle' concept. Half the fun of cruising is the food and looking forward to dinners and getting know your wait staff!

Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 PM

RCCL seems to be having a bit of an identity crisis. I hope this remains merely and option also. The open seating lunch gives you an indication of what to expect--good service, but lacking in the color and fun you experience when you get to know these people day after day for a week. It merely comes down to what I expect eating in a restaurant on any vacation.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Old 02-15-2009, 01:56 PM
With an "open dining"option we have noticed that it is easier to get that "cozy" dining for two table in the dining room and it is a nice option to have and fun for twosomes on a cruise!

BillyBuzzy
Old 02-15-2009, 08:51 PM
I hope that RCCL won't change. I love to have elegant dinning experience.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Banned

We sure do like the "flex dining" approach. More cruise line companies are adopting this idea. On NCL they have freestyle dining and on Princess they have "anytime dining". We liked the change on Princess last year for our 15 day Hawaii cruise, so RCL would get my vote for the flex dining or open dining.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:31 AM

It's just an option. On the Voyager and Freedom class ships, its on deck 4. If you sign up for "My Time Dining" you'll have to pre-pay all the gratuities. You can sign up before you cruise, or while on the ship. To avoid waiting, they will take a reservation for the time you wish to dine. They will not seat people at your table once your orders have been taken.

Sonny
Old 02-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Hi Sonny
Welcome back!
I figure anytime I'm eating, it's a good thing!Not to reroute the whole thread, but how is the mystery theater?
It sound interesting.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 02-16-2009, 09:23 PM

The Mystery Dinner was sold out for both cruises. I did last April and would highly recommend it.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, celebrity, cruise, cruises, dining, explanation, flex, flexible, flexilble, freestyle, line, program, reviews, royal