Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Default Quantum Of The Seas "Groundbreaking" Entertainment Announced
Check out what is coming to the Quantum Of The Seas for entertainment. Press Release
Old 06-12-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm curious to know more about " Wink " All that seems to be mentioned is that it is classy & sass and is adult entertainment. What kind of show is it going to be ?
Old 06-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Administrator

They have not said anything more about it. Given it is adults only and the title is "Wink" I suspect it may involve some ribald humor. It also might be the extra-fee show since the press release said it was a "premium" event.

To be honest, the Google Hangout they used to discuss the entertainment was a disaster. They had maybe 2 out of 45 minutes where useful information was covered. The remainder was the hosts (Kristin Chenoweth and Nick Weir) giggling and carrying on like Regis and Kathie Lee Gifford. It was quite annoying to sit though. You can see the video here.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
To be honest, the Google Hangout they used to discuss the entertainment was a disaster. It was quite annoying to sit though.
My advice to anyone tempted to click on the link is DO NOT do it !!
When Dave says " It was quite annoying to sit though " believe him !
I lasted just over 2 minutes and it was enough for me to stop watching !

Nick Weir is Vice President of Entertainment and I believe that he has said that Royal Caribbean are looking at opportunities for charging for some of the entertainment on their ships in the future. Is this really the way forward ?
Old 06-15-2014, 06:17 PM
Administrator

From my observations of various forums and Facebook groups dedicated to Royal Caribbean loyalists, I have to say there is a great deal of angst - if not outright anger - at everything to do with the Quantum class. Dynamic Dining has been savaged, and this was not helped by the disastrous roll out of the concept and then the quirky reservations system which has found many on the first cruises desperately searching for a dining seating at a reasonable hour. Many report they can't find anything earlier than 9pm as an example. Then there are those reporting their reservations are vanishing from the online booking area, even though they were previously confirmed.

Now the entertainment roll-out (ever so slowly) and hints at paying for 'some' venue(s). People like cruises because they can relax and not have to think too hard about what to do. So far the Quantum has been just the opposite, requiring a great deal of scheduling and people having to make assumptions for each day of the cruise just so they can book things and not be left hanging in the lurch.

I'll be at the press debut of the ship this fall, and then am taking a cruise on Quantum in January as a regular passenger. It is shaping up to be an interesting time. I hope I can report good things. I won't shy away from reporting bad things.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:49 PM

I'm scheduled to sail Quantum in November. It'll be an interesting experience, sure.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:25 PM

Sandy, by scheduled do you mean as a VIP or is it a booking? I'm trying to find dates because I'm suppose to be invited but I'll be on the Explorer's repositioning cruise from November 1st to the 14th. I really don't want to miss an invite to go on the Quantum.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Hi Sonny!

As far as the press goes, we've not been given VIP dates yet. November 10-17 is the window for the VIP, agent and press cruises.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:04 PM

Hello Dave !

I just might luck out and get an invite after November 14th.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Administrator

I'm going on the Quantum for the 8 night cruise on January 3, splitting a cabin with Paul Motter from Cruisemates. We want to see the ship running with a normal passenger load and itinerary.

Tags
quantum, seas