Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 01:43 PM
Talking Btb
Guess what? Another question, due to another cruise idea I've never done before; I want to book a BTB on our transatlantic this October. I'm booking a BTB on Navigator OTS out of Galveston, Texas for next year in October (2015). Questions are;
A) Is it considered TWO seperate reservations?
B) Booking a JS or GS. Is it TWO Diamond status Suite Discounts, due to TWO
reservations numbers, or ONE for both weeks?
C) Two deposits, or one for both weeks?
D) To insure ease in transitioning from week one to week two, would a GS be a better
option due to having Concierge service and the actual concierge person to help
make the process between the two weeks in port easier?( i.e., not taking bags off
and back on but leaving in the cabin, etc) Making D+ one day will make this easier, I think.
E) Do you have to get off the ship and go through the process of getting a new Sea
Pass card, or can that be done at the service desk onboard?
F) How are your onboard expenses paid for? Weekly, or after the whole two weeks are
done, then pay for both?

LOVE trying something new (to a point), but the mind of a retired cop processes a 1000 questions at once, and the easiest ones leap out of our mouths first. 14 days!!! Oh H_ll Yes!!!

Last edited by Jim1012; 07-08-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1012 View Post
A) Is it considered TWO seperate reservations? Yes.

B) Booking a JS or GS. Is it TWO Diamond status Suite Discounts, due to TWO reservations numbers, or ONE for both weeks? The discount is applied to each cruise separately

C) Two deposits, or one for both weeks? Two deposits

D) To insure ease in transitioning from week one to week two, would a GS be a better option due to having Concierge service and the actual concierge person to help make the process between the two weeks in port easier?( i.e., not taking bags off and back on but leaving in the cabin, etc) Making D+ one day will make this easier, I think. The Concierge is not directly involved in Consecutive Cruises. They have a person in Guest Relations who handles it. Thus, the cabin category you are in won't matter to the process of doing a B2B. Obviously it is preferable to get the same cabin for both cruises since that way they won't have to move your personal effects. You just leave everything where you left it and carry on.

E) Do you have to get off the ship and go through the process of getting a new SeaPass card, or can that be done at the service desk onboard? They have a process for it. On the first cruise, usually on the 2nd to last day, they will have a meeting of the Consecutive Cruisers where they will hand out cruise cards for the next cruise, an info packet, they will have a Q&A session. Whether you have to leave the ship depends on the port. At worst they take you off as a group and you do a pass-through with Immigration as an "In Transit" passenger and then you reboard the ship. I don't know if Galveston does this or lets you just stay aboard. They'll tell you at the B2B meeting. They often have a special private lunch in the main dining room for Consecutive Cruisers.

F) How are your onboard expenses paid for? Weekly, or after the whole two weeks are done, then pay for both? You will have two separate folios although they will use the same payment choice you used on the first cruise for the second one. So, if you used X credit card for the first cruise, they will carry it over as the payment choice for the second cruise and you won't have to do anything. But one folio is closed on the transition day between cruises and your new folio is opened for the 2nd cruise.

My answers are in RED. Also, read the article I wrote about my first B2B cruise, located here.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Default Btb
Thanks Dave. I kinda thought it was going to be two reservations but util you ask, you're still assuming. I'm sure I'll have more, but this was a god start.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:45 AM

Jim, we have done one BTB and doing another in February. It is such fun! The time between the departure of the passengers after the first cruise and the arrival of the new passengers is great. You practically have the whole ship to yourself! Plus, while the
passengers on cruise #1 are packing to leave, you are relaxing and relishing the fact that you have another week of cruising ahead of you!

Nadine