Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 08:43 AM
Default RCCL introduces an expanded Crown & Anchor Society benefit
I just received an e-mail from RCCL on my up coming cruise that they are introducing and additional benefit for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle. We will now have the flexibility to enjoy happy hour at a wide variety of bars onboard. They will pre-loading our SeaPass Cards with three complimentary drink vouchers for each night of the sailing, which can be used during nightly lounge hours.
I think this is great, we can't use them in the Windjammer, MDR or Specialty Restaurants.
If we choose of course we can still go to the Diamond Club. If you do not use the 3 vouchers they do expire daily. They mention they will be slowly rolled out across the entire fleet by Fall.
I love this idea because there are time the Diamond Club was so packed! Nice to have the flexibility of going to a different Lounge! I am hoping Celebrity will follow suit ! NICE !!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Yes, they are doing it specifically to reduce crowding in the Diamond Lounges and it is supposed to be completely rolled out to all ships soon. They tested it on the Independence Of The Seas last fall when it was on it's transatlantic run to Fort Lauderdale, and it was a hit.

Of course this has also given rise to speculation that RCI will be putting a three drink limit on people who still use the D Lounge. No definitive word on that happening.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:29 PM

It would sure be nice if they they opened up the selection of what drinks you could order. My regulars are never available in the lounge. I like Mudslides, Long Islands or Dos XX but tend to drink Screwdrivers or wine when in the lounge. I also like the fact I can stay in my shorts, have a couple and just go the Jammer for dinner.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Administrator

I'm easy for the bar staff. Barcardi and Coke or a gin martini, maybe a bourbon straight up.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:54 AM
That's a good question. Dave did you experience this new expanded idea? How do we know what we can have when they load the Sea-Pass Card each day? I am pretty easy too because I don't know many drinks but think it is fun to try some. My spouse only drinks diet cola so he is easy. Celebrity has a menu of what we could have on each table but when I was on RCCL they just listed the alcohols that were available to have in a drink. I had no clue how to pick a drink LOL so it was white wine or rum and coke !!!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-20-2014, 08:54 AM
Administrator

My understanding is RCI also has a limited menu for the three drinks, the same menu as offered in the D lounge. I'll try to find one and post it.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Old 07-21-2014, 03:48 AM
Thanks Dave but I couldn't get this to open. Not sure why.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-21-2014, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Should be there now.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:16 PM
Thanks for your time Dave !! I got it now.

Cruise Countdown Tickers