Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2005, 12:03 PM

My family and I are cruising for the first time on Majesty in April. Any tips from the seasoned cruisers that might make things smoother? My children are 4 and 9. Also, any seasickness tips/suggestions? Thank you!
Old 03-03-2005, 05:24 AM

Hi gradmom,

tips about the cruise depends, which cruise you take.
About seasickness, even in the caribbean you might become seasick. But they have medicine at the front deck. The best place on a ship are the larger decks and midship. We have been in the theater during strong winds, and we had rock n roll. It was difficult, walking down- or upstairs. But after one or two days your body is used to it.
For the children they have good children and youthprograms on all ships. I am not familiar with the Majesty, so maybe one of the other cruiser can answer your question better than me.
But Im sure, you wil enjoy cruising.

Best regards from germany
oppis

Old 03-04-2005, 03:06 AM

Oppis,
Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it!
Best regards from Atlanta!
gradmom
Old 03-04-2005, 05:13 PM

Cruising is fun w/ kids, the sites they will see are educational and awesome. I travel with my eight year old quite often. When he was 6, we were a little hesitant to believe he could have a good time in the kids programs. How we were wrong! I suggest for you to attend the orientation meeting the first day so you and your children can meet the counselors. They are professional fun givers. The programs they develop for the kids on ship include all the events kids love. Drop them off and feel comfortable that they will be watched and cared for. As for you, meet people, open up to fun and try different things. Tip well( in Cash) for those whom provide you w/ excellent service ( this is all most of the service attendants receive) Ask the social hostess if your kids could meet the ships' Master (captain, try different places to eat, and relax. Also, sign up for some excursions if you like all included fun, or if you perfer, look up your destinations before and go out on you own ( a lot less hectic).
Old 03-05-2005, 06:08 PM

You and your children will have the time of your lives. Your children will experience a type of freedom that they never have before and wil love it. My son remembers cruising at that age as the best time of his travels.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 03-07-2005, 03:13 AM

Thanks Tom,
They are both so excited. Not sure if it is the prospect of seeing the boat or meeting mew friends!
Old 03-07-2005, 05:57 AM

I concur with Tom. You are going to have a grand time!!! My daughter's first cruise was at age 4 and it is still (she's now 22) her favorite form of vacation.
Nany

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread