Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 08:11 PM

So I am scheduled to leave on a RC cruise on Sunday Feb 14 out of Miami, FL. I live in New York and we are expecting a blizzard here. It's already snowing and will continue snowing through tomorrow. With all the flight cancellations that are already occurring and delays that will happen, is there any chance that we can be bumped from our Sunday early morning flight to accomodate those whose flights were cancelled tomorrow? I'm hoping by Sunday the airports will be fine! Has anyone had any experience with bad weather before a cruise? Thanks.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:50 PM

It's very unlikely that you'd be bumped from a flight for which you're holding paid reservations. Make sure you get your boarding passes via online check-in as soon as you can inside the 24-hour prior limit. By Sunday, the airport itself should be operating pretty normally.

The real question is whether the planes will be where they're supposed to be by Sunday morning. With planes unable to fly on Wednesday, the "domino effect" is bound to happen and it's not certain that those ripples won't last into the weekend. I suspect, however, that you'll be fine.

In the future, I strongly recommend that you fly to your embarkation city the day before your cruise, just to give yourself some wiggle room in case of service disruptions, mechanical difficulties on the day of sailing, etc. If nothing else, being in a Miami hotel the night before your cruise will give you tremendous peace of mind, which is a great way to start a vacation.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:05 AM

I agree with Sandy about flying the day before...there was a lady on my last cruise that was livid with the captain/crew for "Leaving her" in San Juan.

Turns out, that in the month of December, she though she could fly out of Detroit by way of Minneapolis on the day the ship was to depart San Juan. Needless to say, there was a flight delay and she had to catch the ship in Aruba. The worst part was that she hadn't booked her airline tickets through the cruise line and had to pay for a flight to Aruba.

Bottom line, especially when flying from up north in the winter, I think the best plan is to leave a day early.

Good luck,

Brad

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, horrible, weather