Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2004, 07:18 PM

My husband and I have booked our first cruise on Jewel of the Seas for January 23. We have booked a category E2 cabin (179 sq. ft) on deck 8 (8062). It is roughly $100 to upgrade to the next category D1 (204 sq. ft) but as we have never cruised before we don't know if it is necessary. They both have the same size balconies.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:18 PM

My husband and I have booked our first cruise on Jewel of the Seas for January 23. We have booked a category E2 cabin (179 sq. ft) on deck 8 (8062). It is roughly $100 to upgrade to the next category D1 (204 sq. ft) but as we have never cruised before we don't know if it is necessary. They both have the same size balconies.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:24 PM

Hello, my husband and I are doing our second cruise on June 6th, Explorer of the Seas. Granted, we are not cruise experts, we asked ourselves the same questions. We decided no. The balcony will give you extra room, and we thought we won't feel so closed in by having a balcony. On the flip side, what's another $80-100 to have a bigger room, after paying your huge fare. I think it comes down to what you are willing to pay out. That money could get you a nice bottle of champagne to have on your balcony. Enjoy!! Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-21-2004, 07:47 AM

My wife and I, with 4 other couples, just returned from a week on Explorer. We stayed in one of the Outside W/Veranda on deck 6 (stateroom 6606) and never had any complaint about space. One very nich thing was how all of our luggage (2 oversized bags and 2 regular sized bags) all fit under the bed. we never once bumped into each other. One memorable day at sea we left our stateroom for breakfast and did not return until 4:00 that afternoon.
We really liked deck 6 because the Promenade Cafe was on deck 5 (don't try to talk to me before I have mny first cup of coffee) and our dining assignment was also on deck 5, both easy to get to and avoid heavy elevator traffic.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:25 PM

Thanks for your help. I guess we would be better off saving the money and spending it on travel insurance or other things when we get there. It helped to make the decision with others advice.

Closed Thread

Tags
6606, cabin, e2, explorer, jewel, seas