Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Majesty size & sea sickness (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/4140-majesty-size-sea-sickness.html)

ChrisFLH70 09-07-2009 12:37 PM

We will be on the Majesty (74,000 tons) the first weekend of October 2009. Having cruised on the Explorer of the seas (138,000 tons) and NCL's Norwegian Dawn (90,000 tons) I was wondering what to expect on the Majesty as far as motion. On the EOS there was NO motion, on the Dawn we felt it a few times in the theater and walking through the cafeteria (but no big deal). Should we expect a lot more motion due to the smaller size? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Cruise Fanatic 09-07-2009 12:49 PM

No. Unless there's extreme weather you shouldn't feel it any more than the others. All the ships have stabilizers. The Majesty is a nice size ship.

MCPayne 09-07-2009 02:07 PM

I was actually on the Majesty back in 2007 and had really choppy seas that first night, enough that we felt the ship rocking quite a bit. However, that is not a normal occurrence. One crew member stated that it was the worst it has been in 3 months at the time, and the captain at the reception promised it would get a lot smoother, which it did.

peter l 09-08-2009 04:05 AM

We've been on both of these ships and I don't think you will find much of a difference in the motion.

Peterl

TexCruise 09-08-2009 08:51 AM

We've felt Majesty rock only a couple of times in our 4 cruises on her. Not bad at all.

417rogers 09-08-2009 09:11 PM

We went from Freedom in February to Majesty in July. Majesty was a great surprise...it's much bigger than you might think. Never felt the sea but we could tell the engines were on (slight vibration) as oppose to Freedom where we were 20 mins into the cruise before I even realized we were moving. Majesty was a blast and you will have a great time.

BarbH 09-14-2009 05:37 AM

I hope this isn't getting of topic, but since sea sickness was mentioned, I had a question. We are taking our 4 children (ages 10-19) on a cruise in Jan. (on Liberty). None of them have ever had motion sickness problems, but I want to be prepared in case we encounter rough seas. Does anyone have suggestions of what to take along in case we have problems? Meds? Bracelets? What is safe for them to use? What works best? Any other sea sickness suggestions or remedies?

Cruise Fanatic 09-14-2009 07:33 AM

I would ask your Doctor's advise concerning any medication. You and your Doctor know your children best. I would think medication for children may be based on their weight and size. So I wouldn't follow anyone's advise but your Doctor on medication. Since your children haven't had any problems they may be just fine. Green apples, crackers, and ginger are natural remedies that could help upset tummies.

Wakewatcher 09-14-2009 12:34 PM

Majesty was the first ship I sailed on, having put off cruising for years, because I 'just knew' I would be seasick... I did not feel any motion and never had the least problem. Sailing Majesty got me addicted. She is smaller than the mega ships but you will quickly know your way around and the crew makes it a very festive vacation for you- there is a great atmosphere on board.