Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2004, 09:02 PM

My husband and I will be leaving on the Mariner on Feb.6 2005. I was wondering if there are extra charges for the shows on board. For instance the ice shows. WE sailed last year on the Nordic Empress and the year before that on the Carnival Pride, but I don't remember having to pay extra for any of the entertainment.Thanks for any help any of you may be able to give me.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:02 PM

My husband and I will be leaving on the Mariner on Feb.6 2005. I was wondering if there are extra charges for the shows on board. For instance the ice shows. WE sailed last year on the Nordic Empress and the year before that on the Carnival Pride, but I don't remember having to pay extra for any of the entertainment.Thanks for any help any of you may be able to give me.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:11 AM

Hiya
I was on the Mariner at the begining of November and we didn't have to pay for the shows. However you will require to get tickets for the ice show,first come first served only. There are planty of showings so you won't be disapointed.
Your going to love the ship, so much to see and do.
Enjoy your cruise.
Billy

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-19-2004, 05:25 AM

Hi Billy,
Thank you for replying.I think I read a review somewhere and it mentioned getting tickets ahead of time for the ice show so thats why I thought maybe there would be an extra charge. Good to hear that I was wrong.
This ship is so much larger than the others we have been on.I can hardly wait!
I am handicapped and I am looking forward to seeing if this ship will be able to accomodate my mode of transportation,lol.I have problems walking due to Osteoporosis and I have a scooter that I ride.I have taken it with me on my two previous trips. I had no problems on the Carnival ship, but of course it was a new ship, but was very dissapointed in the Nordic Empress.I had trouble getting into all the elevators.And we didn't dock at piers at two of the stops.It was very hard to get on the shuttle of course and I was limited as to what I was able to do because I couldn't take my scooter.
OK ,lol, I am getting too long winded, so thanks again Billy and I will certainly report back to the boards after my trip .
Linda
Old 12-19-2004, 11:53 AM

Linda,
Welcome to cruise-chat! You should have no problems getting around on the Mariner with your scooter. The Voyager and Radiance Class ships in the RC fleet all get high marks for their accessibility and accommodations for the physically challenged. You are sure to have a great trip.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-19-2004, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the welcome Nancy.I am sure I am going to be delighted with this cruise.
I am enjoying reading everyones messages also.
Linda
Old 12-21-2004, 09:28 AM

Linda, welcome aboard! I was recently on the Mariner of the Seas and you will find it an excellent choice. The Voyager class ships are extremely wheel chair / scooter friendly.

I did a MEGA review of the Mariner at;

http://www.cruisereviews.com/RoyalCa...ftheSeas13.htm

There are a ton of pictures, so it will take a little time to download. Have a great cruise.

Tom
Old 12-21-2004, 05:59 PM

Tom, thank you so much! I have already found your review and looked at all the pictures you have posted.As a matter of fact I was just showing them to my daughter who is coming with my husband and me. I am really looking forward to the cruise and even more so since I have seen your pictures.You do an excellant review!
Linda
Old 12-21-2004, 06:44 PM

Thanks, be sure to write one about your experience when you return too. I willlook forward to reading it.

Have a great cruise.
]
Tom

Closed Thread