Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 06:23 AM

This will be my 2nd cruise, first being with Fred Olsen many years ago. Will be heading off in September for 14 days to Alaska, what advice can anyone give about how many cocktail/ evening wear dresses will be appropriate for this length of cruise and do they allow jeans during the day?
Old 01-30-2010, 08:19 AM

Hello cyprusbabe, welcome to Cruise-Chat! The Radiance is a beautiful ship and the food is the best of any of the RCCL ships I've been on.

There are two formal nights. I think most people ware their best on only one which would be the second night of the cruise. Jeans will be fine during the day in either the Windjammer or the main dining room. Other than formal nights, you could even ware jeans in the main dining room if you want. Formal nights are when people are getting their pictures taken looking there best. Now that you have to pay for the 1st and 2nd piece of luggage, you make want to try to pack light. I only ware one tux, and my wife packs one Formal dress. She has a couple of pants suits that seems formal to me. I think think my wife would look great even in a gunny sack.

Sonny
Old 02-02-2010, 07:04 AM

Thank you Sonny, information was very useful. Anyone goinng on the Alaska cruise Sept 10, drop me a line.

Cyprusbabe
Old 02-03-2010, 07:30 PM

I hate to disagree with the expert, but I believe a 14 day cruise would have three formal nights.
Ellie
Old 02-04-2010, 03:50 PM

I did two 7 night cruises back to back. Each of those would have two formal nights. You're right about three formal nights on a 14 night.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, boards, caribbean, code, cruise, dress, formal, night, nights, people, radiance, royal, sea, seas, wear