Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2005, 07:19 AM

I am a first timer and wanted to know if I have to bring my own pool/beach towels on the Sovereign of the Seas trip or do the cruise line supply these?
Also what are the rules re bringing champagne on board for a birthday celebration?
Thanks
Old 02-22-2005, 07:19 AM

I am a first timer and wanted to know if I have to bring my own pool/beach towels on the Sovereign of the Seas trip or do the cruise line supply these?
Also what are the rules re bringing champagne on board for a birthday celebration?
Thanks
Old 02-22-2005, 07:23 AM

Hi Therese,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

I have moved your posting to the Royal Caribbean Cruises forum.

Regarding beach towels, I usually bring my own when going on a cruise. Most masss-market cruise today force you to sign for their towels and charge a ridiculous fee if you don't return them.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 02-22-2005, 07:32 AM

Therese
I have never brought towels aboard. There are hundreds to use in the pool area at all times. The one in your cabin will be charged to you if you keep it or it turns up missing. And as far as lugging one on excursions, it just weighs you down.

As for the champagne, I would advise against it. It will be confiscated if it is found.

David Landry
Old 02-22-2005, 08:00 AM

David,

there have, however, been some recent reports that some cruise lines now want people to sign for towels in the pool area, as well (at least on selected ships). I'm not 100% sure whether RCI was among them, but I think so.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 02-22-2005, 11:28 AM

The towel policy on Royal Caribbean is a bit of an enigma. I have been on 5 RC cruises in the past year and up until my most recent cruise, I thought their policy of issuing a towel to each person in a stateroom was fleetwide. I just got back from the Splendour and we did NOT receive towels in our stateroom and they were readily available at the pool - without signing them out.

However, the original post asks about bringing your own beach towel. No matter which towel policy is in effect, I never bring my own from home (I need to conserve as much luggge space as possible). If you are assigned a towel, it can easily be exchanged for a new one at anytime and you are permitted to sign out additional towels (just need to make sure you return them). I am just careful when onshore to be responsible for getting it back onboard.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-22-2005, 11:38 AM

Therese,
You also asked about bringing champagne for a celebration. I have never had a problem with bringing a bottle or two of wine (or champagne) onto a Royal Caribbean ship. The only time my wine has ever been confiscated was on NCL. Of course, just for added security, here's a tip I have found useful: When I bring wine/champagne in my carry-on luggage from home, I put a bow on it and a tag marked Bon Voyage, or Happy Birthday signed by some fictitious friend or travel agent and even if I am stopped and my bag is searched - they wave it right through.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-23-2005, 02:21 PM

Are the towels they provide large beach towels or simply regular size bath towels
Old 02-23-2005, 02:41 PM

Nancy:
Thanks for info. Wish I had known that tip before my last cruise ! I could have brought a bottle from home, but did without. Will store in brain for next one!
Old 02-23-2005, 03:27 PM

The towels are not oversized, but nice size beach towels (not bath towel size).
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
bath, bring, caribbean, carribean, cruise, cruises, cruize, fee, line, manufacturer, pool, royal, supply, towel, towels