Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 09:22 AM

Hi. My name is August and my 4 of my friends and I have booked for a 3-day Bahamas cruise on Royal Caribbean International. Since we're all first timers in terms of cruising, can you give us tips on what to expect, what we need to bring and what excursions are recommended for first timers?
Thank you so much.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:01 AM

Hi August, welcome to Cruise-Chat. You can expect the best vacation there is. Great food, entertainment, and best of all a wonderful staff. Take a look at our Caribbean Port Chat section there are plenty of posts on all types of excursions there. Congratulations on your up-coming cruise. Be warned, cruising is addictive Bring your camera, film or memory sticks, sunscreen, sun glasses, a healthy appetites, and a big smile. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 03-05-2009, 11:08 AM
August -Let me first welcome you to Cruise-chat -the friendliest and most informative website for any and all things cruising! You, your family, and your friends will spend many hapy,relaxing hours here when you are "on the beach" as they say for those of us that love to cruise!

You've chosen wisely and well for a first time cruise. RCCL ships are a fine introduction to cruising and a great way to get your feet wet! The more you smile to the crew the better they will respond to your needs! If you need something don't hesitate to ask! Either on board or even here-We will all do our best to assist and advise!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 03-05-2009, 05:28 PM

Welcome to Cruise Chat!

Majesty is a wonderful ship. We've sailed on her 4 times. The staff is very friendly.

The 3 days cruises are a little more lively than the 4 day.

One of your stops will be CoCo Cay. RCL's little private island which is great. They will serve a BBQ for lunch. We have REALLY enjoyed the waverunners there. They will take you on a tour of some of the smaller islands. There's also parasailing, snorkeling, volleyball or, you can just kick back, relax, enjoy a drink or two and have fun.

Nassau will be your other port. There are several other things to do there. Atlantis is fun for some folks. Plenty of shopping or beach time there also We've done the stingray tour at Blackbeards Cay. Most of the time we're in Nassau we stay on board and have the ship to ourselves (yes, we can be boring...LOL)

Enjoy your cruise!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 03-06-2009, 06:02 AM

While in Nassau you may want to check out the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island. Just a short walk to the right of the Atlantis Resort is Cabbage Beach. I've been there several times, and I'd recommend it.

Sonny
Old 08-11-2009, 07:39 PM

Sonny
We are going next week and plan to check out Atlantis and then beach-it. Where is Cabbage beach from Atlantis? Also, What should we expect to pay for cab fare?
Thanks
Old 08-11-2009, 07:57 PM

Hello kjbones, welcome to Cruise-Chat! The last time I was in Nassau the cab fare to Atlantis was $4 pp. The beach is less than a 5 minute walk East of Atlantis. Just as anyone working in the hotel and they will direct you.

Sonny
Old 08-11-2009, 08:05 PM

AQuijano

Welcome. I went on the Majesty for my first cruise 2 years ago and loved it! As far as excursions, it really depends on what you want to do. When you're in Nassau, I would definitely try to check out Atlantis. It shouldn't be more than $4.00 cab fare I wouldn't think. If you're into water sports, then I would recommend snorkeling or parasailing at either Nassau or Coco Cay.

For attire, during the day, shorts and a t-shirt (warm weather clothes) is ideal, and 2 bathing suits (so you always have a dry one). I think you will have 1 formal night in the main dining room. If you don't want to pack formal wear, they have several other options available, including the buffet. (Windjammer). Even though you're going on a short cruise, you don't really need 1 outfit for every day. I would just try to pack light and "mix and match." I know for some of us it's easier said than done. Here is a link to Royal Caribbean's dress "policy." I put policy in quotes because some people and cruise lines have different meanings of "formal."
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 08-12-2009, 06:09 AM
Hi,
Waverunners at CocoCay are a must! Explore CocoCay to find the best spot...Island Oasis bar has a great secluded little area but all the beaches are great. There is a formal night on Majesty, second night. The shows on board are great, do not miss "Quest" on the last night in the Spectrum club (might have moved..check your cruise compass). While in Nassau we found that the water taxi was pretty cheap ($2.00) per person. We then went and paid to explore the "The Dig" at Atlantis which in turn allows you on the property to go observe the water slides and such. Also, if you get sick of Atlantis go back to Nassau and walk to the Victoria steps. You will have a great time...have fun.

Closed Thread

Tags
back, board, category, cheaper, cruise, cruiser, cruisers, formal, information, line, majesty, pack, seas, time, wear