Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 04:26 AM
I am wanting to do a 12 day cruise to Europe in 2011, and I have been studying up on RCI. I definitely want to try them out and I was wanting opinions on this ship. Thanks.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:37 AM

I'll be going on the Brilliance 12 day Mediterranean on November 30th this year.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:39 PM

Haven't been on Brilliance, but I am a true RCI fan. I have done 4 Carnival and 8 RCI. The ships are just more "stately" than Carnival. But any ship in Europe is great. Did Carnival Freedom out of Rome in 2007 and to be honest it is a cruise that you don't really go for the ship. The days in port are so active that the time on the ship is to sleep and rest up for the next port. I would most highly recommend the cruise. As for Brilliance, I have friends that sailed on Radiance, and loved her. It is a great class of ship and I think you'll really be impressed.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:16 AM

Hi All:

I'll be boarding this ship on Sept. 19th for the 12-day Mediterranean sailing. I will report back to you upon my return. I'm sure it will be nothing short of fantastic!
Old 09-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks guys for your help. Can't wait to read your reviews!!

Old 09-04-2009, 09:42 AM

It's getting close now, cruisingsoon! We look forward to hear how it goes. Bon Voyage
Old 09-05-2009, 12:07 PM

I did a TA to Europe on the Brilliance two years ago. It is a good ship - you will not be disappointed.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-06-2009, 12:29 PM

We did Brilliance 4 years ago just after Hurricane Katrina had visited Miami...
It's a really nice ship, smaller than many of the ones we had been on, with very good service. We did a 10 day round trip out of Barcelona...
A friend I work with just got off of a 12 day Barcelona to Rome trip on Brilliance a few weeks back...It was his first cruise ever, and he loved it!
2009--NCL Sky
2009--Carnival Destiny
2009--RCCL Freedom of the Seas
2008--Celebrity Constellation
2007--HAL Westerdam
2007--RCCL Liberty of the Seas
2006--Caribbean Princess
2005--RCCL Brilliance of the Seas
2003--Carnival Imagination
2002--RCCL Monarch of the Seas
2001--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
2000--Carnival Imagination
1999--Carnival Fascination
1998--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
1996--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
1994--NCL Windward
1993--NCL Westward
Old 10-08-2009, 07:46 AM

I'm back from my 12-day cruise on the Brilliance. On the whole, I felt it was a great cruise on a beautiful ship.

There are a few comparisons I will make to my previous cruise on the Princess line. Please keep in mind the previous cruise was to the Caribbean, and not the Mediterranean.

The two areas that I felt needed improvement on the Brilliance were entertainment and variety of food.

Re food, I've heard from previous cruisers that what you find on European cruises is just different and not as abundant, shall we say, as on cruises in the Americas. There were no lobster dishes on this cruise. I missed desserts such as the daily pick of brownies and cookies offered on the Princess cruise. I also found myself pining for the champagne waterfall on the next-to-last day, but they didn't have that.

As for entertainment, the production shows could have been better -- they had a Beatles night, Four Seasons, Tango Dancers from Argentina that were very good. The other entertainment in the lounges seemed to be subdued catering more to an older crowd. Mind you, I'm not a spring chicken, in my 50's, but hoping to hear a band doing contemporary pop.

This cruise was really about the port stops. Every stop was awe inspiring and breathtaking. The excursions were excellent; guide tours very well informed.

All in all, it was the most exciting and exhilarating vacation I've taken. I would definitely do it again.

I invite any particular questions anyone might have regarding either the ship or any of the ports.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:06 AM

Welcome back cruisingsoon Thank you so much for your review.

It sounds as though you had a great time, all in all. I prefer Princess, but each person has their own likes and dislikes. Princess just seems to do it "right", to me. We're trying Celebrity this year and will be back on NCL next year. Still can't wait to get back to Princess which will hopefully be the Panama Canal itinerary in 2011. If not, we'll be doing some cruise on them. I miss being on board.

I am sure the ports were awe inspiring. I am trying to talk my husband into one in the near future. The main places I want to see are Greece, Spain, and Italy.

What was your favorite port? Have you booked another cruise? Reality bites, but having a cruise to look forward to makes the wait a little easier to take. Best wishes!

Closed Thread

Tags
achilleion, brillance, itinerary, palace, seas, yourself