Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Hi all, Famliy and I just returned from our first cruise(ever). Freedom was huge as expected. We have already put our deposit down on our next cruise which will occur around Christmas 2010. Schedules are not out yet for that time frame but we are shooting for the Oasis. Just wanted to say thanks to all that answered my newbie questions prior to our sailing. I now feel somewhat qualified to help some others out during my wait.....so cya around. Andy.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Welcome back, Andy!

Sounds like you liked the cruise. Perhaps you will consider posting a review at our cruise reviews area. You can do so here
Old 02-23-2009, 08:00 PM

The fact that you are thinking about the Oasis tells me you had a great cruise. What? The Freedom wasn't big enough?

Sonny
Old 02-24-2009, 05:56 AM

Welcome back, sounds like you're addicted, too Glad to hear you're booked for another. Christmas cruises are great! What was your favorite port? Did you try the florider?
Old 02-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Flowrider was great. My daughter and I had a blast. Boogieboarding: By the end of the second day I was doing barrel rolls, on my knees, throwing the board out and catching it again...what a great time. A far as stand up surfing I could only make it a few seconds...I was bummed out for as a former skater I thought it would be easy to master...it was'nt. Of course drinking all day in port might have help out with the balance issue...lol...very fun time. I saw many people on the flowrider trying to surf who had no business even making the attempt. No serious injuries that I observed but I am sure that have they happen. Rock climbing wall was also fun and much taller than I expected. Basketball and golf were always open. I am going to leave a full cruise review in a few days... cya.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:29 AM

Welcome back 417rogers! I was glad to see your post and will be anxious to read your full review of the Freedom. I am planning a cruise on the Freedom for a group of about 12 families - a bunch of teens. I was glad to hear the basketball court is easy access as most of our teens are boys! Did it seem like the flow rider had a long line all the time? I know they will be spending alot of time there too Do the hours of operation seem pretty good?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi ohio sports mom, sorry for the long time in responding (work piled up, playing catch up). Flowrider is great. I suggest that the boys get their waivers signed and wristbands a.s.a.p. once on board. My daughter and I had the thing almost to ourselves on the first day. I believed the flowrider opened up around 2 or 3 pm. The times are different on each day with boogie boarding, stand up surfing, and private lessons. You will just have to check your "daily compass". They will have a blast. Our ship was packed with people and the lines at the flowrider were not excessive. Maybe 15 or 20 mins tops. Worth it.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, freedom, royal, western