Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 02:19 PM

That's strange...I called the Diamond Plus Desk to verify my answer. I was told you could get diet Sprite with a soft drink package on the Jewel of the Seas. I seems like no one working for Royal Caribbean can get it right. If they don't have diet Sprite from a fountain then they ought tell you before you buy the package that there too cheap to give you a can. Anyway, I was told you can. (no pun intended)

Sonny

Old 09-26-2010, 04:49 PM

We always carry on a 2Litres bottle of Canada Dry Diet Ginger Ale and one 2Lites of Fresca. We take them as carry on and put them thru security and they always check them out and give us the OK to continue. These drinks are not sold on the ship as pointed out by Sonny.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:30 AM

Thank you, wooddon, I hope I can take those, too.

Sonny, thanks for calling them. I will ask before I buy the package and hope for the best.

Thanks a lot everyone!

Lucy
Old 09-28-2010, 12:41 PM

Lucy, how do you feel about sparkling water/club soda with a slice of lemon instead of water? I'm not a big water drinker, either, but like sparkling water a lot.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:51 AM

Back from the Jewel:

Yes, Sprite zero is included in the soda package and yes, it is available - theoretically.

BUT: On the Jewel only two bars would give it out and one was almost always closed and the other one opened only in the evening. It was a big problem getting this soda! I would not take the chance again and count on it. Wthout you, poormom and your nice gift I would have had great problems.

The cruise overall was very disappointing, food was awful, service even more so and the ports, well, nothing much to do.

The ship itself is okay, but you could tell that the money making machines are clearly the Freedom and Oasis class ships. There was never put much effort in anything. One member of the crew one day clearly pointed this out and said he would never want to work on the Freedom or Oasis, because then he would have to work three times as much...

Lucy
Old 10-19-2010, 07:03 AM

Sorry to hear the negative comments about the Jewel. It's been awhile since I've sailed on her, but she was my favorite Radiance Class Ship. I was on the Radiance of the Seas in October and the food was awesome. I guess you never know how things are from ship to ship. There is no excuse for bad food and service for any ship on any cruise line. I would send a letter to the Miami office and let them know your experience.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
aboard, ale, bring, cape, caribbean, cod, cruise, diet, ginger, jewel, light, oasis, review, royal, seas, ship, soda