Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 05:08 PM

Just wanted to express how happy I was with the cruise that we took on Enchantment of the Seas...This was a 10 day cruise out of Baltimore and I could not have asked for a better experience! It was our first cruise and everything went extremely well. From the RCI personnel to the shore excursions...it all went off without a hitch. The ship was very clean..the food was extremely good! We tried the main dining room for breakfast the first day, however, enjoyed the Windjammer cafe much better for breakfast....We also had all of our lunches in the Windjammer. We had wonderful waiters in the Main Dining room for dinner..And Carlos and Malkim were wonderful assistant waiters. We chose the my time dining option and the host tried to make sure we had the same waitstaff every evening. It was such a great experience...I cannot wait to go again! There was only one area that I was not very happy with and that was the girl that we went to to try to book a second cruise. You get a slight discount if you book while on your cruise. She was not helpful at all and didn't seem to care if she sold us a cruise or not. One of the things that really impressed me was that I was not hounded to death to buy drinks all the time. I had heard that cruises try to booze you up all the time....Not true on Enchantment of the Seas! Needless to say...I'm a happy cruiser!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:47 PM

Leaving for cananda and new england on the 30 of sept out of nj on the explora of the seas.What can you tell me about the excursions what did you like the best there are three couples going cant wait,any info would help alot

thanks
Old 09-01-2010, 05:19 PM

I would have to say the Boston excursion was my favorite..I did the 8 hour Boston, Lexington and Concord as I love the history of Paul Revere, etc. We had a wonderful tour guide. We had lunch (included in the excursion) at the famous Oyster House and it was REALLY good. We did the Peggy's Cove and Titanic gravesite tour in Nova Scotia. That was rather disappointing and wish I would have done the Titanic museum instead. In Portland Maine we did our own thing as we had been to Portland 3 times before. However, when we got off the ship we took the trolley tour which was pretty good. In St. John we did the bus/boat excursion. The bus took us on a tour of the old town and the boat took us to the rapids. We saw a lot of seals and a bald eagle that had a nest along the water. Again, we had an excellent tour guide that really enjoyed his job and made it fun. We did the all day thing (Bar Harbor/Cadillac Mtn) in Bar Harbor, mainly for the lobster lunch. It was "okay" and I probably would have loved it had I not been there before. It was a rather long day...The lobster lunch was excellent! Quite a few people that I spoke to on the ship did the whale watch and actually saw some whales. They thoroughly enjoyed it.... I tried to stay away from booking the boat cruises as I figured you could see most of that stuff from the ship. While on the ship we did see whales, dolphins, sea turtles which was wonderful! OH...and if I were you, I'd definitely book an excursion from your ship in Nova Scotia. Traffic is horrible there and we were all late getting back to the ship. If you book thru your cruise ship, they will wait for you. If you go on your own, the ship will sail without you if you are late. I heard that a few people missed the ship and had to find a way to get to the next port. I must say it was a wonderful cruise and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Happy cruising to you!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:32 AM

Thank you so much for the info,you wre very helpful i will pass the info on to my friends.Did you book your excursions before the trip?

Thanks Again
Old 09-02-2010, 09:50 AM

Yes, I booked before the cruise. The more you do before you go, the more enjoyable the trip. If you wait, there's a chance the excursion will be booked up, and you have to spend time making the reservation. You have up to 4 days before your cruise date to cancel or change thru the RCI website. I also booked my reservations for dinner, my husbands coke plan (the only thing he didn't like about that was having to carry around the jug all the time).....I told RCI they need to come up with some kind of holster for that and the water!! Again, enjoy your cruise!
Old 09-06-2010, 07:49 AM

Thanks for your help getting close also going to do the wine pkgs any info on that their will be six of us thinking of maybe doim]ng the 12 bottles on one card to save a few $
Old 09-06-2010, 08:02 AM

Vacationer, glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise. I agree with you, Boston is a great city! We went up there quite a bit within the last few years or so. I live in NJ and my sister did her undergrad at BU.

Being on a cruise it's hard to say what to do in Boston seeing as how you only have several hours. I assume, Vacationer, you are talking about the Union Bay Oyster House where you had lunch? I've gone there for dinner a couple times with my parents when we went up there for pleasure trips (non cruise). Yes, that is a great restaurant.

vitopeg, if you are a baseball fan, go to Fenway Park and see if they have tickets available for the Fenway Park tour. You can get tickets either from the Box Office or from the team store on Yawkey Way.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 09-06-2010, 06:19 PM

I guess it depends on how much wine you drink.I would definitely "share" if I were you. You can always order another pkg if you need to. I don't know how much the wine pkg costs, however, I know that if you buy it by the bottle at dinner, they will hold it for you till the next night, etc....
Old 09-06-2010, 06:20 PM

Yes, it was the Union Oyster House..Excellent clam chowdah and scrod (schrod)....comes with the excursion...wonderful
Old 09-07-2010, 04:04 AM

Thats a must stop for me when I am in Boston for the fried oysters. It was a regular Sunday tradition for President Kennedy to take one of the old booths off the oyster bar and spread out the many Sunday tabloids and browse the news. Very quaint place to visit and great seafood.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
baltimore, cafe, canada, canadian, caribbean, carnival, cruise, enchantment, england, excursion, review, reviews, royal, seas, shore, windjammer