Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 06:01 AM
I don't know if you get a packet of Cruise Docs any more, but I recently ordered my luggage tags from RCL on line, and they arrived within three days!! They must think I'm bring everything my wife owns, because there must be 10 tags in the packet! Very nice service from a wonderful company, and we can hardly wait for September to arrive!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:25 AM
Jim
I booked too late to have them sent, but I have to say the port is incredibly efficient getting the tags on.
I know what you mean about bringing everything. I just finished packing. MY one big bag was too bulky, so now I'm using 2 medium bags. I hope I can navigate it through the terminal and into the bus on the way home. Maybe I'd better tuck some money away for a porter!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 08-12-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm still working on her concept of "packing lightly". First cruise we went on she brought the largest bag we have, and barely got half way through it-she sometimes has a hard time with "vacation dress" as opposed to whatever she wants to where in the closet. We men, of course, can usually get by for a week with a tightly packed gym bag and be perfectly happy.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:42 PM

Hi Jim.

I'm hoping for my cruise coming up I can fit everything into a large suitcase. It's a 7 night cruise, and I'm just hoping to "mix and match." I'll also have a carry on duffel bag with my first night's evening wear (probably khakis and either a tropical print short sleeve button down shirt or polo shirt), and my meds, and maybe swim trunks.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 08-15-2010, 08:12 AM

Hello all,

I think everyone has a problem with over packing at some point in their travel life. My wife and I both used to (I tell her that she still does), but I have figured out that while packing, if I just keep telling myself that there is a laundry service available, I will ultimately pack substantially less.

To this day, I have still never used the laundry service, so I think I am alright. The way I see it, I will keep packing less for each trip until I actually have to use the laundry service and then go back one trip and pack that same amount every time.

I hope that makes sense.

Brad

Old 08-15-2010, 10:04 AM
After 23 cruises we've got it down to 1 wheeled duffel bag for a 7 day cruise. Mix and match is the rule. But now I'm heading for a 15 which means 2 bags....Just don't over pack....and watch the weight....Happy Sailing...

Bob E
Old 08-15-2010, 11:49 AM

Jim

I think now most cruise lines have gone to e-docs, or in the case with RCI, I think you might be able to choose whether you want paper or e-docs. Paper docs will cost you $35 per doc.

Speaking of which, I got my e-docs today, and went online and completed check in and ordered luggage tags. RCI states the luggage tags will be in a set of 8, even though I'll probably only need 2. This vacation can't come soon enough!
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 08-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Wheels87, I think, has the idea. I've used the laundry service for a couple of shirt twice before and they do a great job for a nominal fee.Mcpayne-I think I just miss getting the "Packet" in the mail. We've already checked-in on line and have printed our Set Sail passes, so we're set to go-just seems like something is missing without the packet.
The luggage tags do come in sets of eight, and since I have theree reservations for my group, I've received three packets of tags. I agree, that, when the wife and I pack, we do it in one larger bag for the two of us. Even the parger cabin do have limited storage space.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:39 PM

LOL...we made it with 2 LARGE bags on our last cruise....we're getting better

I do use the pressing service for the shirts I wear in the evenings. That's the first thing I do when we unpack. Otherwise, we use a home made wrinkle release for the rest of the week.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 08-15-2010, 07:41 PM

I donít mind a few extra luggage tags. I always use two per bag and place one on each handle just in case one gets torn off during handling. I know the bag will eventually get to me but it never hurts to play it safe.
2004 Voyager, Adventure
2005 Explorer
2006 Brilliance
2009 Liberty, Enchantment
2010 Independence, Liberty
2011 Liberty, Freedom
2012 Freedom, Freedom, Independence
Feb 2013 Liberty
Mar 2013 Liberty
Nov 2013 Independence

Closed Thread