Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2004, 09:03 AM

I booked a cruise on this ship for January 2, 2005. This is my first time so how would you rate this ship? My stops are Costa Maya, Belize, and Cozumel how would you rate these destinations?
Old 11-15-2004, 09:03 AM

I booked a cruise on this ship for January 2, 2005. This is my first time so how would you rate this ship? My stops are Costa Maya, Belize, and Cozumel how would you rate these destinations?
Old 11-15-2004, 03:55 PM

Cozumel is Cozumel nothing special, I would recommend Sallys mini golf if you like mini golf. But Costa Maya is not to be missed go to town. If you like drinking go almost all the way through town and on your let you will see a little hut looking place with a hand made sign on a fence pole that says 1 beer $2.00 2 beers $3.00 they have the best Margaritas and strong my wife drank 2 beers called SOL she thought the were good.
Ecstasy ~ 04/03
Norwegian Sky ~ 09/03
Splendour of the Seas ~ 04/04
Rhapsody of the Seas ~ 10/04

Countdown to the Carnival Conquest
Old 11-15-2004, 04:23 PM

If bars are not what you are looking for, Cozumel has a good beach for snorkeling, and you can shop (till you drop if you like!) in the town. If you dock in town, you can walk to the shops; otherwise you will need a cab. Make sure you agree on the price before you get in!

Belize is best for nature-oriented tours; I'd recommend sticking with the ship's shore excursions here.

Costa Maya also has good beaches, and is closest to the Mayan ruins of Tulum and Chichen Itza. Again I'd recommend going with the ship's shore excursions. Tulum is closer to where you will dock, and has the distinction of being the only Mayan ruins still left on the coast. Chichen Itza is farther inland and is a larger complex.

Check out reviews of these ports on portreviews.com, a sister site to this one.

Have a great time!
Old 11-16-2004, 06:35 PM

The Splendour is an awesome ship. I did a MEGA review on her earlier this year located at

http://www.cruisereviews.com/RoyalCa...ftheSeas14.htm

There are ton of pictures, so it should give you an excellent idea of what the ship is going to be like.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 11-17-2004, 05:34 AM

I enjoy Cozumel. There are so many great beaches it is fun to explore a different one each time I go. Shopping is great and of course a visit to Carlos 'n Charlies is an absolute must here (at least for me).

Have not been to Belize but am looking forward to it on my cruise aboard the Splendour in February (we plan to do the Cave Tubing). Bellj25, make sure to let us know about your experience so you can give me some tips before I do the same itinerary and ship.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-17-2004, 09:29 AM

Yes the Splendour is awesome. As my first RCI ship I was really impressed. The dining room which from the outside of the ship is in the rear you will see an area down low that is 2 levels of glass walls thats the dining room. Thats right not windows, walls of glass. we were seated in the middle of the dining room and could still see the water. and the sunsets. the service in untouchable. and that is on both RCI ships we have been on. I could go on forever. Just be very careful when playing mini golf although there are "Watch your head" signs on the beams that support the roof for the solarium everytime I go to play golf someone always bings their head on those beams. other than that have fun and enjoy.
Ecstasy ~ 04/03
Norwegian Sky ~ 09/03
Splendour of the Seas ~ 04/04
Rhapsody of the Seas ~ 10/04

Countdown to the Carnival Conquest

Closed Thread

Tags
norwegian, seas, splendour