Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 09:08 AM

When I call RCCL they told me you may not bring a "clothes steamer" on board. But, on here I see people use them.. so.. do you put them in your luggage?.. or do you carry them on?.. and will they take them from you? Or was she giving me a "company Line" ... so you pay for pressing?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-30-2010, 10:46 AM

I know Sonny has used them. I just hang my clothes in the shower area after a nice hot shower. All the wrinkles fall out.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Hi, I have always brought a travel steamer with me and never had a problem. I know you can't bring a regular iron. Penny3333 is right...the shower trick is the next best thing.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:13 PM

That is what I thought. They tell you that you can't when you call but I plan to take mine! Thanks for the reassurance

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-01-2010, 12:28 PM

Ours is packed in our carry-on. We'll be boarding our flight to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow morning. We had it with us on the Mariner 3 weeks ago, so it'll be a first for us if they don't allow it.

Sonny

Old 02-13-2011, 07:12 PM

Default My Steamer was confiscated
Just returned from RCCL Voyager of the Seas and my clothes steamer was confiscated from my suitcase. I have taken it on many cruises before! But evidently it is a restricted electrical device and the xray machine caught it in my suitcase. So my bag was not delivered to my stateroom. Instead I had to take the walk of shame to claim my bag. I was asked to open my bag and they took it away. It was returned to me on the last evening however. But what a pain!

I think if I had put it in my carryon there would have not been a problem.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:20 AM

Not a steamer but, they took our power strip on Allure. When we went down to get our bag they had steamers, power strips and of course irons. When I questioned them about power strips not being listed on the prohibited items list..... they just smiled and said they were trying to be safe

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 02-14-2011, 02:36 PM

Wow, that's a first! Power strips being confiscated? I've brought mine on my past 2 or 3 cruises and have never had that confiscated. I guess for my next one I should leave that behind.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 02-14-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPayne View Post
Wow, that's a first! Power strips being confiscated? I've brought mine on my past 2 or 3 cruises and have never had that confiscated. I guess for my next one I should leave that behind.
First time for us too. The main reason we took it is because the plugs on Oasis are under the desk. Didn't need it though as the plugs (three) are on top of the desk on Allure.

We quit taking our steamer. Now we use a home made wrinkle reducer (Downy and water)........does wonders. If it's too bad, we send them out to be pressed.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 02-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Administrator

I have a feeling that a ban on power strips, or at least a more careful examination of them, will become more widespread. Prior to our cruise last summer on Carnival, the line announced that they were no longer allowing them, but would make exceptions for medical reasons (such as C-PAP use, as outlets can be clear across the room) if the cord appears to be in good condition. As for steamers, I had heard of at least one line already banning them--Celebrity. There may be others.

While I agree that some items shouldn't be allowed for safety reasons, I do believe there should be some notice so that pax aren't caught off-guard. (Unless, of course, it's a very dangerous situation, which doesn't seem to be the case here.)

Thank you for letting us know.

Closed Thread

Tags
approved, bring, caribbean, carribean, clothes, cruise, cruises, rccl, rcl, royal, ship, ships, small, steamer, steamers