Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 06:13 PM

The only RCI ship that I did not see this on out of 16 cruises was the Oasis...I did miss it! Not sure why they did not include it on the Big O

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 05-20-2010, 04:32 AM

I did not see the normal channel on our last two RCI cruise; I miss this as I found it to be very interesting and could go up on deck if something of interest was on the opposite side of the ship I was on.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-20-2010, 08:16 AM
we had it on our cruise on the Explorer, and there was also a large screen at the guest services desk.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 05-20-2010, 04:53 PM

Hi everyone. I remember watching this channel on Liberty last July. I found it quite informative.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-21-2010, 04:27 AM

Well, it looks like a bit of a mixed bag on this.I reckon some of you spend too much time in the bar if you haven't noticed it one way or the other!!!!! Seriously......if it is not there it should be...it seems to me that most of you out there would like this facility on board. Happy Sailing!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:50 AM

I enjoy it, peterh, very much. I really wish there were huge signs on the islands you pass both by sea and flying over. It would help a lot! The crew knows where they are because of the charts and gps, we passengers are not familiar with the routes they take. On our Costa Mediterrainea cruise, the captain would announce the islands we were passing. He also like to blow his horn when leaving a port. The captain we had on the Valor only came on once a day to announce our position and he never blew the horn when leaving the port. I LOVE hearing the horn.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:40 AM

I think you might be on to something there Penny....big signs on the islands could be the answer. As for not blowing the horn when leaving port....totally unforgivable!!
Old 05-21-2010, 03:05 PM

Hi everyone.

Penny brought up a good point about blowing the horn, and I guess it depends on the Captain. On the Majesty, I think he only blew the horn when we left Miami, and not anyplace else.

On my most recent cruise on the Enchantment, the captain came on again, about once a day, and blew the horn when leaving Port Everglades and Grand Cayman. I'm not sure about Cozumel, as I was at dinner on the ship when we left Cozumel.

Leaving Grand Cayman, there was some humor involving the activities director. The captain came over the PA system as the activities director was giving instructions on line dancing for the sail away party, which annoyed the activities director, and talking out loud, stated "Come on, Captain, not while I'm speaking." Then a few minutes later the captain blew the horn, to which the activities director responded, "Come on captain, behave yourself," because he was still explaining the instructions for line dancing.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 05-22-2010, 02:29 PM

My kids just left on the Grandeur of the Seas for my daughters graduation gift. I would love to be able to track the grandeur on the internet so I would know where they are. I think that would be awesome.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I would love to be able to track the grandeur on the internet
Say no more - look HERE and you can track any ship. Note that once you pick a ship there is a field for "hours" that you can play with. Sometimes the location points are not especially accurate (like right now for the Grandeur). But, it is an interesting site.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, current, disembarking, ilovethebeach, information, location, oasis, sea, seas