Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 05:01 PM

Thanks Dave but I found the websight to be a little confusing. It looked like a bunch of dots.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:45 PM

I figured it out. That is just what I was looking for.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:28 AM

I do seem to remember the Adventure of the Seas having that information on one of the TV channels. It also gave wave height information as well.

Regards

Old 05-25-2010, 09:14 AM

On horn blowing.....When we left Jamaica recently the ship delayed its departure by about 15 minutes so that some late stragglers didn't miss the ship. Much to the amusement of the passengers leaning out of their balconies, and to the total embarrassment of the stragglers the captain sounded the horn several times as they were sprinting down the pier clutching a variety of bags, presents etc. I wonder how long ships will wait and how many people have actually arrived back too late and missed the ship?
Old 05-25-2010, 12:51 PM

I'm glad to hear that he was giving them a hard time. I've not had too many captains wait for more than a few minutes for stragglers. I think the main reason is they (the cruise line) get charged more. I've seen too many miss the ship and have to beg the pilot boat or harbor boat to take them to meet the ship. Then they have to get on board, while both vessels are moving. There's a post with videos by Cassanova Frankenstein,here. You need to take a look.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:00 AM

I looked at that....amazing that the ship actually went back in to pick them up!!! Following that video there were some interesting links to other vidoes. Felt sea sick just watching the "cruise from hell"!! Anyone had an experience like that?
Old 05-26-2010, 05:34 AM

Not quite that bad, because in the "Cruise from hell" she lost her engines. I have been in some pretty rough seas, though.

In fact, on the Royal two years ago. The first 2 days at sea, had we not been upgraded to the 8th deck, we couldn't have gotten out on the balcony at all. We were originally on deck 6, and the waves/spray were hitting that deck all day. We had to miss St. Barts because it was too rough to tender. Thankfully, the rest of the cruise calmed down after the 3rd day.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:02 AM

I have always fancied a transatlantic cruise but have heard some stories of horrific high seas.....so not so sure now!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:51 AM

Why is it that of all the ports, Cozumel seems to be the one that many of us are standing on the balcony watching passengers make that looong trek from start to finish with cheers and whistles from onlookers ! Although, on our last cruise in Curacao,we could see passengers making their way from the very far right in front of what looks like a resort running to make it as the ship sounded its horn..I have only been in a similiar position and that was Cozumel and I know the reason why !

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-27-2010, 02:03 PM

On all my Royal Caribbean cruises there has been a television channel dedicated to the loacation of the ship. The first screen is a picture of the globe, the next picture is one of the area (caribbean), and the next is a more detailed location. However, there isn't the very close gps location that you would get in say a cars gps system. Therefore, you wouldn't get the name of the islands around you. On my last cruise we were coming into Coco Cay and there were several smaller islands around it. The only way to tell which island was which was to look for the massive amount of beach chairs on the island. Hopefully this helps.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, current, disembarking, ilovethebeach, information, location, oasis, sea, seas