Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 05:50 AM

Speaking of the cruise from hell...

In December, 2006, my family was on the Rhapsody of the seas leaving out of Galveston. Once we got into the open ocean, we hit 20 foot seas and the report was that there were over 1200 people on board that had motion sickness! I cannot count the number of people that I saw vomiting in various areas of the ship. The elevators smelled horrific and until about 2:00pm on the first day at sea, the ship seemed like a ghost town. My wife and three children all got sick. Two of the big gondolas in the buffet had been knocked over as well.

Myself, being a former pilot, I actually enjoyed the waves, but I was definitely in the minority on that one.

Take care!

Old 05-31-2010, 06:37 AM

For sure there is a channel on the Oasis of The Seas TV that gives the current location etc. including a map and distance traveled. I just disembarked theOasis 3 weeks ago.

I'll be posting my feedback today.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wheels87:
Speaking of the cruise from hell...

In December, 2006, my family was on the Rhapsody of the seas leaving out of Galveston. Once we got into the open ocean, we hit 20 foot seas and the report was that there were over 1200 people on board that had motion sickness! I cannot count the number of people that I saw vomiting in various areas of the ship.
This was similar to my first cruise on the Majesty. That first night at sea en route to Nassau, we had horrific seas. One activities person said it was the worst it has been in 6 months at the time (October 2007). At the captain's reception, the captain somewhat jokingly, asked "Anybody feel any motion on the ship last night?" Everyone screamed "YES!"

He just sort of laughed as well then stated "It will get a lot smoother, I promise." What caused that was 45 mph winds out of Miami, and he was also joking that there were 45 honey moon couples on board dancing, adding to the motion from the winds and high seas.

Seeing as how this was my first cruise, I took dramamine before we set sail since I wasn't sure what to expect, and I'm glad I did.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 06-04-2010, 01:04 PM
On the Millenium last month, they had the GPS on the television channel, with the weather, etc., but also had the chart posted in the hall outside the buffet every day.

The waters around Florida always seem to be the roughest on any cruise I have taken into or out of Florida. Even the three transatlantics have been smooth sailing after the first day, until the mediterranean which also seems to be rougher than the Atlantic.

Need some cruise help?
Old 06-07-2010, 03:53 AM

......so I can expect rough seas then when we do our short 4 day trip to the Bahamas in December? Surprised about the Med.....we went in September a couple of years ago and the sea was like glass the whole time...couldn't even tell that the ship was moving....I guess it only takes one storm!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, current, disembarking, ilovethebeach, information, location, oasis, sea, seas