Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 03:53 PM

I'm wondering if someone can answer a couple of questions. We are going on the Freedom of the Seas April 4th.
1. Does anyone know of a good hotel in the Port Canaveral area that has shuttle to the boat. I'm so confused after reading the reviews of the hotels and I don't know which one will be a good one. We would like to be walking distance to things once at the hotel.
2. If my husband and kids want to do an off shore excursion can I go to and not pay or do I have to meet them at the end of the excursion i.e. in Haiti they want to do the zip line but I don't want to. I'm thinking I can't get off the boat with them since I won't have an excursion pass?
3. Also, does anyone know of a good shuttle from airport to hotel.
I'm sure I'll have more questions as it gets closer. We are very excited to go. Thanks!
Old 01-11-2010, 04:01 PM

PJS,

Only the people who have a shore excursion ticket can get on the bus going to the particular shore excursion. If the shore excursion is zipling and you want go and watch your family zipline, you may but you still have to buy the ticket. Whether you zip line or not is your business. There are no free rides on any shore excursion.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

Quote:
1. Does anyone know of a good hotel in the Port Canaveral area that has shuttle to the boat. I'm so confused after reading the reviews of the hotels and I don't know which one will be a good one. We would like to be walking distance to things once at the hotel.
The Radisson Resort At The Port is the most popular hotel for cruisers at Port Canaveral. They have a free shuttle to the ships. The bad news is there is nothing within walking distance of the hotel. It is a mile or so from the port entrance but there isn't much in the vicinity of the hotel. However they do have a nice restaurant, breakfast buffet, wonderful pool (huge), and a nice bar.
Quote:
2. If my husband and kids want to do an off shore excursion can I go to and not pay or do I have to meet them at the end of the excursion i.e. in Haiti they want to do the zip line but I don't want to. I'm thinking I can't get off the boat with them since I won't have an excursion pass?
Labadee is Royal Caribbean's private resort in Haiti. As with any port, you don't need to book a tour to leave the ship. Labadee is a beach stop along with things to do such as the zip line. They can do the zip line while you sit on the beach below the zip cables and watch them whip by you. However, to answer your question in general - you can't go along for the ride on excursions unless you pay for it.
Quote:
3. Also, does anyone know of a good shuttle from airport to hotel.
I assume you are flying into MCO (Orlando). There are several shuttles, all pretty much the same in quality and price. Just google Orlando airport shuttles and find one that you like.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:09 PM

In October I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites on N. Atlantic Blvd in Cocoa Beach. It is by a shopping plaza and there are some eating establishment there. I enjoyed an Irish Pub there. The hotel is 2 miles from the pier and has a shuttle.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:26 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies. You've answered my questions.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:35 PM

I own a condo in the cape canaveral area the shereton that has the starbucks in it on left of A1A is great also depending on the age of your children the water park is great at the ron johns resort
Old 02-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Banned

From my experience it is I have found it easier to book a hotel according to location and what I am looking for and avoid the shuttle. It is easier to take a cab and some times cheaper because it may be included in the rate. I hate to have to wait on anything. It gets to be a pain waiting on a full vehicle and then the luggage loading and unloading. The other is sometimes there are so many others that you may have to wait for it to come back and there is no order of who gets on. It is every person for themself, with no prisoners taken.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:02 PM

I agree with 7thSon, the shuttles can be a real pain. However, sometimes that's the only option. If the hotel is close enough, the cab fare won't be too bad. If it's a hotel shuttle it's usually not as bad, but the huge bus shuttles, wow. I've been stepped on, had luggage hit me, etc.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:01 PM

The last time we stayed at the Raddisson...the shuttle was total mayhem. Mainly, from folks not wanting to wait until their scheduled time. I really felt sorry for the shuttle guys. We won't do that again.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 02-09-2010, 05:40 PM

That was the situation I encountered as well at the Radisson. I had heard this before, so I didn't even attempt it. I called a taxi service. When the taxi pulled up for me, some of the shuttle people tried to grab it. Thankfully, the taxi service had my name as the person it was dispatched for.

The Radisson earns high marks overall though. Beautiful grounds with amazing pools, clean rooms, excellent guest service, and a great breakfast.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
labadee