Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 07:35 PM

Hi,

Maybe this question has already been answered previously on the boards, but my husband just asked me what the RCCL policy is for bringing a bottle of wine onto the Indy. I know the cruise line wants you to purchase a bottle through them, but has anyone brought a bottle on board and paid a corkage fee recently? Or do they not even allow that now and confiscate prior to boarding?? Does anyone know? Don't want to buy a couple of nice bottles in Fort Lauderdale prior to our cruise JAn 31 and have them thrown out? I do not mind paying a fee however.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Sorry to break the news....No alcohol....check your cruise docs or RCI website. Bummer...however they have pretty reasonable wine packages that you can get with dinner. You are then able to take the bottle back to your cabin if my memory stands correct. Have fun!
Old 01-11-2010, 03:55 PM

Interesting. On our last two princess cruises and on our last two Norwegian cruises, we brought six half bottles of white wine in our luggage and had no issue at all. I just read the RCCL literature and I see that they are in fact prohibiting alchool on board. On Princess and Norwegian we were able to buy a bottle of wine in the dining room and they kept the unfinished bottle for us for the next meal in their fridges. Does that happen on RCCL as well???
Old 01-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Administrator

RCI will keep your unfinished bottle for you and your waiter will have it ready on the following night at dinner.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:57 AM

Thanks Dave. Same policy as the other lines. That is good to know.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:36 PM

No. It is not allowed to bring alcohol.
If you buy alcohol in one of the port of call, the alcohol will be stored in the ship and will be delivered at the last night of your cruise to your cabin.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-17-2010, 04:16 PM
It seems strange to me that Celebrity and RCCL are one Company and yet their policy is different. You are allowed to bring 2 bottles per cabin on Celebrity but if you take the bottle out in the dinning area or bar then the corkage fee applys.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 02-17-2010, 09:32 PM

The individual cruise line brands operate under a "corporate umbrella" and have their own identity and polices. Carnival Corp cruise lines are like this too. One set of policies for Carnival and another for Princess as an example.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, bottle, bottles, bring, brought, caribbean, cruise, majesty, oasis, rccl, royal, sea, seas, ships, wine