Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2004, 08:53 AM

Hi! I am new to this board and a first time cruiser. My husband and I are taking a 7 day cruise in August and I have no idea what to expect, what to pack, what things are essential that I bring, etc. We will be on the Rhapsody and going to Key West, Cayman Islands and Cozumel. Any advice, suggestions, etc are welcome. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2004, 08:53 AM

Hi! I am new to this board and a first time cruiser. My husband and I are taking a 7 day cruise in August and I have no idea what to expect, what to pack, what things are essential that I bring, etc. We will be on the Rhapsody and going to Key West, Cayman Islands and Cozumel. Any advice, suggestions, etc are welcome. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2004, 10:02 AM

Hi and welcome to cruise-chat! Glad to have you join us. I was with a group on a cruise this April on the Rhapsody out of Galveston, same itinerary. We all had a wonderful time and the ship was great! The food was excellent and we had service to match.

In Key West we shopped, checked out the bar scene and made sure we were at Mallory Square for the Sunset Party (held every night). In Grand Cayman we swam with the stingrays (used a private company - not the ship's excursion) and in Cozumel went to a beach club and then made a stop at Carlos & Charlies (one of my requirements whenever I am in Cozumel).

There is a great, detailed packing list for a Caribbean cruise on our main site www.cruisereviews.com.
You are sure to have a wonderful time. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask -that's what we are here for!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-21-2004, 12:15 PM

Hi Beachlover! Plan on light, comfortable clothing for the islands. I brought one dressy outfit and one pair of dressy slacks that I felt comfortable in for a casual night. Then I packed a dressy top for the second formal night and a casual top for the casual night - one less full outfit to pack!
I am not a germ freak but I did bring some Lysol Wipes to wipe down the bathroom to eliminate the possibility of getting sick on my cruise.
I brought my own soap and shampoo and I also found a reading light to be beneficial since I could read at night on the balcony without disturbing my sleeping family.
An extra pair of sunglasses came in handy since they are cheaper at Wal-Mart than on the islands. Sunscreen, Tums and Zout also came in handy.
Finally, be sure to print out a copy of your online Embarkation form and tour confirmations because things can happen with computer files. That piece of advice came from a RCCL customer service rep.

Have a great time!!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, day, pack, whta